Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Wifi and Speaker Icons dissapeared from System Tray
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:26 pm 

After Win 11 upgrade, Wifi and Speaker Icons disappeared from System Tray.

Is there any way to bring them back?

In Windows 10 I had no problem.

Nexus Ultimate Version 20.10

P.S. No answer in Email support it seems no longer working

Post subject: Re: Wifi and Speaker Icons dissapeared from System Tray
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:02 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Zerge wrote:

Is there any way to bring them back?

In Windows 10 I had no problem.

Nexus Ultimate Version 20.10

P.S. No answer in Email support it seems no longer working

Why don't you try and keep up with what is happening in the forum? You might have discovered that email support is currently not yet available again.

And it would seem that you answered your query yourself. This would very much appear to be a Windows issue due to changes in Windows 11 over Windows 10, being a sys tray issue.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zerge wrote:

Unfortunately it seems that Microsoft again decided to mess with things that were previously working fine just for the sake of messing with things.

I'm not running Windows 11 here and due to Microsoft's ridiculous demands for TPM 2.0 and SecureBoot in order to install Windows 11, I cannot do so in a VirtualBox VM (Virtual Machine) until Oracle releases version 7 (which in theory will support TPM 2.0 pass through).

I'm certainly not going to install Windows 11 on a real production machine (I consider it to still be in beta at this stage) so until I am able to install it on a VM I will not be able to investigate the issue further. And even when I do, there is no certainty that the issue can be properly solved.

Looking at THIS THREAD HERE (from another site) it looks like MS decided to remove the system icons (Network, Sound, Battery) from the systray and group them into a separate SINGLE button that opens up a SINGLE panel. You now cannot just click on WiFi, you can only click on the whole group. Why someone at MS thought that was a good idea, I have no clue.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:31 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
Unfortunately it seems that Microsoft again decided to mess with things that were previously working fine just for the sake of messing with things.

I'm not running Windows 11 here and due to Microsoft's ridiculous demands for TPM 2.0 and SecureBoot in order to install Windows 11,

That will also almost certainly prevent people dual/multi booting it with a Linux OS/es. As I'm firmly decided never to 'upgrade' to Win 11 on any machine, not a problem for me. :) But, what a bugger!

winstep wrote:
I'm certainly not going to install Windows 11 on a real production machine (I consider it to still be in beta at this stage)

Too damn right Jorge. I'd consider it beta for at least the next two years.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]