Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Windows 11 bug
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:11 pm 

Since updating to Windows 11 I have had a issue with the system tray pop up window. Randomly it gets stuck and I need to click the arrow to hide it a few times when it dose collapse the system tray window it will also minimize my web browser off screen. The only way I can get my browser back on screen is to close it by right clicking the icon in the taskbar and hitting close as the browser is no longer visible on screen. It seems to do this on my 2nd monitor not my primary monitor. It effects both my Brave Browser and Chrome browser, I do not use edge so I have not tested it. Could it be my set up? I run dual monitors, my primary monitor is on a Display port connection the other is on a HDMI connection. I ask because I know NextStart also has a issue recognizing which monitor is assigned as my primary monitor and my taskbar sometimes will be on the wrong monitor yet the workshelf dose not have this issue for me.... Thanks if more info is needed I can provide. Image

Post subject: Re: Windows 11 bug
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1. Browser windows minimizing:

I suspect this is because of the buggy way Windows 11 seems to be handling multiple monitors. I've also had some very weird stuff happening here with two monitors, with windows apparently minimizing and restoring out of nowhere. Here is what I did to fix it:

Right click on the Windows Desktop, select Display Settings. Expand the 'Multiple displays' section if necessary in the dialog that pops up and UNCHECK 'Remember window locations based on monitor connection" and "Minimize windows when a monitor is disconnected".

Doing this fixed MY problem, give it a try and let me know. I personally use an applet called 'MonitorKeeper' to remember window positions when switching between monitor configurations.

2. NextSTART and WorkShelf recognizing monitors.

The numbers given to each monitor in Winstep applications and those used by Windows are meaningless/incompatible. Ignore those.

Unlike Windows the Winstep application will try to number the monitors in a logical manner according to how they are placed relative to each other (e.g; the leftmost/topmost monitor becomes monitor 1, the second in order monitor 2 and so on).

You claim NextSTART is having an issue while WorkShelf does not. Can you please post a screenshot where the monitors displayed by NextSTART (and their order) do not match those displayed by WorkShelf?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:52 pm 

Removed

Last edited by WilliamssonTheViking on Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:13 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Those images are too small to tell anyone anything. Please try again, with separate images, and use the [rimg] tag instead of [img] so we get thumbnails on the page that we can click on to see the large image.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:34 pm 

Lost original images and decided to deal with the issue until I find another solution. Thanks anyway

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]