Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: RESOLVED: how do I disable the info text on mouseover?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:25 pm 

Hi everyone. New Winstep Nexus user. Dock looks fantastic, but I've got one minor preference I can't resolve. This is mostly only an issue when mousing over the calendar/time. When I mouseover the calendar docklet, it shows the current date and time:

After a couple of seconds however, the date is replaced by an information box about this docklet:

This is what I want to turn off. Basically, I just want it to show the title of the icon or docklet (like the current date and time,) or when I have multiple apps of the same type open I want it to show me a preview on mouseover (like it's already doing by default right now). I notice that when I mouseover an open app it shows me a window preview, but if I'm over an icon that's not currently open, I see the title of it for a couple of seconds then it's replaced by the info text I don't need.

I'm sure this is somewhere in the preferences, but I looked through the prefs, Dock Properties, and searched the forum for "mouseover" but couldn't find this. Please educate a n00b. Thanks. :D

Last edited by Unknowable on Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: how do I disable the info text on mouseover? Prefs help,
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Right click on any icon in the dock, select Nexus from the context menu that pops up then Dock Properties.

In the Dock Properties dialog go to the Behavior tab and click on the More Options button. Change the 'Show balloon information tooltips...' from Always to 'Never' or any of the other options.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: how do I disable the info text on mouseover? Prefs help,
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:31 pm 

winstep wrote:
Right click on any icon in the dock, select Nexus from the context menu that pops up then Dock Properties.

In the Dock Properties dialog go to the Behavior tab and click on the More Options button. Change the 'Show balloon information tooltips...' from Always to 'Never' or any of the other options.

Ahh, yes, that was precisely the setting I needed, and spelled out clearly and correctly so that even a 4 year old could follow - or me. :D Thank you so much, Jorge, I appreciate your clear instruction.

Is there a way for me to mark this topic as resolved? Cause it is. *G*

Post subject: Re: RESOLVED: how do I disable the info text on mouseover?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You could edit the subject, but don't bother, leave it as it is, that's the custom here. :D

Glad I could help!

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: RESOLVED: how do I disable the info text on mouseover?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:37 pm 

OK cool, yes that much was obvious and I did, but if nothing more need be done, let the record show that you know where the settings are well enough to explain to an idiot.

Yes, you helped quickly and clearly. Thanks again Jorge - take it sleazy, man. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]