Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: Can't change Recycle bin icon
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:02 pm 

Hi, everytime i try to change the icon of a recycling bin it does nothing. I even have it changed in the system files but still nothing.

Post subject: Re: Can't change Recycle bin icon
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can you please post a screenshot of your desktop highlighting/circling the icon you are trying to change?

Reason I ask is because you didn't specify which Winstep application you are running (Nexus free, Nexus Ultimate, Winstep Xtreme) and Winstep Xtreme supports two types of Recycle Bin modules, the in-icon one and a desktop one.

Also, what have you tried thus far to change the icon?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:42 am 

In the Desktop Items window, select either the "Recycle Bin (full)" or "Recycle Bin (empty)" folder and click the Change Icon button. Select an icon from the list of available icons, or click Browse and select an icon file on your computer. Click OK on each open window to save the icon change.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, that will work for the in-dock icon of the recycle bin module, but not for the desktop version of the same module (unless you have it set to display as an icon) if he is running Xtreme.

If he is trying to change the icon for the recycle bin module in a dock, for instance, he can also right click the item, select 'Dock Entry Properties' and click 'Change icon' (or the can do it from the Modules tab in Preferences as you suggested).

Lots of ways to skin a cat, but it wasn't clear which module version he was trying to change the image for (or what Winstep application he's running). Details are important. :D

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:31 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was referring to changing the icon on the Windows desktop! (Knowing how out of place queries here can be sometimes, alas. :| )

:Edit: NB - user name 'westernoverseas' and website in profile constitute advertising :/Edit:

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

nexter wrote:
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was referring to changing the icon on the Windows desktop! (Knowing how out of place queries here can be sometimes, alas. :| )

The way the question was phrased I wouldn't be surprised either.

nexter wrote:
:Edit: NB - user name 'westernoverseas' and website in profile constitute advertising :/Edit:

Possible, but none of the email addresses was found in StopForumSpam.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:31 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
nexter wrote:

Possible, but none of the email addresses was found in StopForumSpam.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. It's really more in the nature of advertising indirectly. The user name is the same as the website name. It's a site selling services to students wanting to study abroad. If that's not fishing for trade I don't know what is.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:49 pm 

but what if its both? using his username to advertise discretly, and being an user of nexus looking for help?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:56 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

seeker wrote:
but what if its both? using his username to advertise discretly, and being an user of nexus looking for help?

Well, evidently also a Nexus user but that doesn't alter the fact that he's still advertising. At the very least, the website link should be removed from his profile and a stern warning given, offering him the chance to open an account with a different user name before deleting this one. At least, that's how I'd handle it and how I've experienced it before elsewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

seeker wrote:

That I do not mind, for instance, as long as the link does not go to a shady site. What I mind are bots pretending to be human and wasting everyone's time.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:41 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
seeker wrote:

That I do not mind, for instance, as long as the link does not go to a shady site. What I mind are bots pretending to be human and wasting everyone's time.

Hmmm.... Shady site or not, surely any kind of commercial site constitutes spam or advertising. And as such, surely we should mind? Also, I don't see the difference between spam bots and human spammers, each as bad as the other - spam is spam is spam.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 11 posts ]