Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Did I mess something up?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:01 am 

Howdy, folks! I think I might have messed something up, and I'm hoping someone knows how to fix it. I bought Nexus Ultimate, made sure it wouldn't open in a text editor, and then clicked on it. Windows then wanted to know what program to use to open it. The instructions don't say anything about this, so I told it to use Nexus to open it. Now it opens up Nexus when I click on it and it doesn't register my product. So what do I do now?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post subject: Re: Did I mess something up?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

First make sure you are indeed running Nexus Ultimate (as per the instructions on the email with your license key) and not the free version of Nexus (the logo in the About tab of Preferences will say Nexus Ultimate).

Now open Nexus Ultimate Preferences, go to the Advanced tab, click the Troubleshooting Options button and then 'Restore File Associations' on the dialog that pops up. This should associate the license key file extension back to the relevant Winstep applet (and double clicking it should now register the product).

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Did I mess something up?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:36 pm 

Ah, now I see where I went wrong. I was using the free version rather than the ultimate version. It's all fixed now. Thanks again.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]