Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: autohide problem
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:28 am 

Just installed for the first time. Setup autohide, I had trouble with the default setting to make it pop back out, so I tried the swipe setting. Now I can't get get it to open at all. I have two monitors, it is on the right side of the screen of the left monitor, so the mouse goes smoothly over from the left monitor to the right monitor.

I can't get it to pop back out again.

Post subject: Re: autohide problem
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:33 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Try - in the first place - reading the Board Rules and Guidelines so you can help yourself state your problem properly. And then - *detail*! The devil's really in the detail!

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 1:10 am 

I finally thought to check to see if Nexus was running in the system tray, and it was, so I was able to get back into settings to undo the autohide.

What details do you need?
It is Windows 11, latest version of Nexus. I run two monitors, and I think the bump method to restore the autohide might not work well when Nexus is in the middle of the two screens.

I will have to play around with it to figure it out.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 2:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

amdkt7 wrote:
I finally thought to check to see if Nexus was running in the system tray, and it was, so I was able to get back into settings to undo the autohide.

You can also press CTRL+F11 to open Preferences.

amdkt7 wrote:
It is Windows 11, latest version of Nexus. I run two monitors, and I think the bump method to restore the autohide might not work well when Nexus is in the middle of the two screens.

Yeah, having the dock spanning two monitors is not going to work well.

Anyway, both the edge bump and edge swipe actions can be fine tuned, try making a backup of your current settings first (Preferences -> Advanced tab -> Backup button) then play around with the bump and swipe settings (Preferences -> Behavior tab -> Activation Settings button -> Edge Bump Settings & Edge Swipe Settings buttons

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 10:55 pm 

I put it on the bottom and I'm using the bump activation method. I think it will work well.
Windows 11 has forced me to get used to using the bottom for the task bar anyway, so I might as well use it. Though the middle makes more sense to me..

Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]