Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: NextStart start on wrong screen every time i start windows
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:00 pm 

Hello,

I have NextStart version. 20.10

Is it possible in any way to force NextStart to start at the same screen at the same position every time i start up Windows?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Post subject: Re: NextStart start on wrong screen every time i start windo
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:17 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

SniperGuy wrote:
Hello,

I have NextStart version. 20.10

Is it possible in any way to force NextStart to start at the same screen at the same position every time i start up Windows?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Look. why don't you start by reading the 'Board Rules and Guidelines' and then following these before posting in here? They'd tell you to first do a search of the forum for your query as chances are it would have been answered before. :)

As it happpens, the topic of multi-monitor setups hasbeen covered extensively here, so do a search for, e.g., multi-monitor, or multi-monitor profiles, and similar, and you're bound to find your answer there instead of wasting everyone's time with a query that also has virtually zero information?

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 10:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SniperGuy wrote:

As Nexter pointed out, there's a lot of missing information there :D

For instance, how many monitors do you have? Is that a laptop or a desktop? Does this only happen with NextSTART but not WorkShelf? Is the NextSTART taskbar to your primary or secondary monitor?

NextSTART will/should remember the position/monitor it was last placed at. Furthermore, Winstep Xtreme supports and uses automatic multi-monitor profiles which are enabled by default (WorkShelf Preferences -> General tab -> Disable multi-monitor profiles).

These allow it to position taskbar, docks, etc, differently (as well as enable/disable some of this screen objects) according to current screen resolution and number of monitors active.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:30 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
SniperGuy wrote:

As Nexter pointed out, there's a lot of missing information there :D

For instance, how many monitors do you have? Is that a laptop or a desktop? Does this only happen with NextSTART but not WorkShelf? Is the NextSTART taskbar to your primary or secondary monitor?

NextSTART will/should remember the position/monitor it was last placed at. Furthermore, Winstep Xtreme supports and uses automatic multi-monitor profiles which are enabled by default (WorkShelf Preferences -> General tab -> Disable multi-monitor profiles).

These allow it to position taskbar, docks, etc, differently (as well as enable/disable some of this screen objects) according to current screen resolution and number of monitors active.

Windows 10 or 11 might also be helpful to know. And also, are we really talking about NextStart here, or perchance, Nexus (wouldn't be the first time these got mixed up), and if Nexus, free or Ultimate?

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]