Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 15 posts ]
 Post subject: The alarm clock has no sound and does not open
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:48 am 

As shown in the picture, I thought of a lot of ways to always open the sound of the alarm clock.

Attachments:
捕获.PNG
捕获.PNG [ 261.93 KiB | Viewed 9392 times ]

Post subject: Re: The alarm clock has no sound and does not open
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You need to specify an MP3 audio file in the 'Play Audio File:' field of the New Alarm panel:

Also, check THIS LINK out.

Finally, are you in China or running a Chinese version of Windows? It looks like it. If so perhaps you could help me verify that an issue related to a bug with Far Eastern languages in the User Interface has indeed been corrected?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:29 am 

First of all, thank you for your reply. I am indeed in China and use Chinese version of Windows.
I did it your way, but it still didn't solve the problem, that is, the alarm still didn't sound, and I found that everything about the audio didn't play.
As shown in the figure:

Attachments:
捕获1.PNG
捕获1.PNG [ 144.05 KiB | Viewed 9384 times ]
捕获.PNG
捕获.PNG [ 226.99 KiB | Viewed 9384 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:37 am 

fanchenmoxu wrote:
First of all, thank you for your reply. I am indeed in China and use Chinese version of Windows.
I did it your way, but it still didn't solve the problem, that is, the alarm still didn't sound, and I found that everything about the audio didn't play.
As shown in the figure:

Dud you check windows volume mixer, maybe its muted there?
im not on my pc atm so i cant check what allarm shows if its muted in Windows

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:14 am 

yes, it looks exacrly like that

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Check for what Seeker suggested and let us know, please.

Also, what happens if you open Preferences, go to the Sounds tab and click the Test Voice button?

Something else regarding what I mentioned above about the Chinese characters, if you open Preferences and look at the buttons at the bottom, are Chinese characters being "eaten" whenever you have a UI mode other than 'Standard Interface' ?

For instance, this is how it should appear:

Note specifically the Chinese text in the buttons:

But when another UI mode is selected, the Chinese characters seem to be "cropped", looking like this:

Note specifically the Chinese text in the buttons:

Does this also happen to you? I don't know how to read Chinese so I can't tell for sure, but it does seem so, no?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:08 pm 

As he said, I checked the volume synthesizer and didn't turn off the system volume.
I clicked the "Test Voice" button and it has sound. The clock chime function is also intact.Now it seems that only MP3 audio playback is problematic. That is to say, clicking the "Play" button after importing mp3 audio has no effect.
The question about the Chinese characters you mentioned does exist. Only in the "Standard User Interface" text is normal, in other modes the text is like being cropped partially.

Attachments:
捕获.PNG
捕获.PNG [ 25.7 KiB | Viewed 9332 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

fanchenmoxu wrote:
The question about the Chinese characters you mentioned does exist. Only in the "Standard User Interface" text is normal, in other modes the text is like being cropped partially.

In that case can you please download a beta of Nexus v22.5 from HERE, install it, and see if the beta solves the cropped text problem?

1. DO NOT uninstall anything as the beta needs to be installed ON TOP of an existing installation of Nexus. Just exit any running Winstep software.
2. Download the Nexus beta from HERE
3. Unzip and run setup.exe.
4. After running Nexus again, look up the version number at the top corner of the About tab in Preferences and make sure you are indeed running v22.5
5. Let me know if the text cropping issue in Chinese has been fixed, please. :D

fanchenmoxu wrote:
I clicked the "Test Voice" button and it has sound. The clock chime function is also intact.Now it seems that only MP3 audio playback is problematic.

Ah, but the voice files are actually ALSO MP3 files. If the 'Test Voice' button works, then so should your MP3 files.

fanchenmoxu wrote:
That is to say, clicking the "Play" button after importing mp3 audio has no effect.

I suspect this might have something to do with Chinese characters on the path or the filename. Try creating an empty folder named MP3 at the root of your C:\ drive. Now copy one of your MP3 files that isn't working to that folder (i.e.; C:\MP3\) and rename the filename so that it has no Chinese characters (for instance, to example.mp3). Now associate the alarm to that MP3 file and see if plays this time, then please let me know.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:19 am 

I installed the Nexus v22.5 beta and the text cropping issue was finally solved. I checked and found that most of them were resolved, only the prompt box text that popped up when I clicked on the "Check for Updates" button was cropped.
The audio issue remains unresolved and never plays. I was desperate.

Attachments:
捕获.PNG
捕获.PNG [ 40.89 KiB | Viewed 9296 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

First of all, thanks for confirming that the cropping text issue has indeed been solved (and for pointing out that I had forgotten to fix it in the Winstep Update Manager as well).

The MP3 not playing is getting on my nerves. If you can hear the clock voices, etc, there is no reason for your MP3 audio files not to play as well.

Add the Winstep Media Player to the dock by right clicking on the dock -> Insert New Dock Item -> Internal Command -> Media -> Media Player

Now right click on the Winstep Media Player icon and select Media Player Settings. Drag MP3 files to the panel at the right, play with the Media Player a bit. Can you get ANY of the MP3 files to play?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Also, sent you a little something by email as a token of appreciation for having gone to the trouble of testing the cropped text fix. :D

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:37 am 

Thank you for the gift you gave me, I loved it and it was successfully installed and registered. However, after installation, there was a problem of Chinese characters being cropped, but it did not affect.
As for the mp3 audio, I was completely desperate, I tried it over and over again, but it didn't work out, it still wouldn't play, pressing the button didn't work in the slightest. And the volume icon for the alarm clock has been gray.
Just like in the pictures.

Attachments:
捕获1.PNG
捕获1.PNG [ 197.72 KiB | Viewed 9275 times ]
捕获.PNG
捕获.PNG [ 70.58 KiB | Viewed 9275 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

fanchenmoxu wrote:
Thank you for the gift you gave me, I loved it and it was successfully installed and registered. However, after installation, there was a problem of Chinese characters being cropped, but it did not affect.

Normal, that's the v20.10 official version of Nexus Ultimate and what you installed previously was the beta of v22.5, the cropped text fix will be in an upcoming official update. :D

fanchenmoxu wrote:
As for the mp3 audio, I was completely desperate, I tried it over and over again, but it didn't work out, it still wouldn't play, pressing the button didn't work in the slightest.

So nothing happens when you press the Play button? Hmmm...

Ok, let's try something else:

In the Winstep Media Player, replace the C:\MP3\1.mp3 file with

C:\Users\Public\Documents\WinStep\Themes\Female Voice\NewMail.mp3

Can you hear that one when you press Play?

Also, open the Windows Volume Mixer and make sure that 'Winstep Media Player' shows up when you press the Play button and that it is not Muted or with the volume reduced to zero:

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:44 am 

Wow, I'm so happy I finally heard the beautiful music. I reset it and checked it again.
I found that it does not support Chinese file names and folder names. I suspected that there was something wrong with the mp3 audio format I downloaded, so I downloaded another one and it actually played ^_^ successfully.
Thank you for your guidance, if it weren't for you I would have given up a long time ago, thank you. I have found a bug, that is, the media player icon will fail, sometimes you press it does not work, you can only restart the software, I hope you pay attention.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, glad you figured out what the cause was and got it working! :D

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 15 posts ]