Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Nexus has disappeared when dragged
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:46 am 

Hi Guys,

I've been a Nexus user for years and I love it. Today while organising some files I have dragged it on a side and to my surprise it has completely disappeared. It was locked.
I have restarted the PC but still nothing, then I have tried to start it from the Winstep folder, but it says it's working, so it must be somewhere...I clicked everywhere (I have a 27" new monitor), but no track of it.

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Nexus has disappeared when dragged
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It is probably auto-hidden in one of the screen edges if you dragged it there by mistake.

First press CTRL F11 - this should open Nexus Preferences, provided Nexus is indeed running and you haven't changed the default key combination.

Now go to the Position tab, see if it is docked and if so to which edge. Try changing its position and clicking Apply, it should pop up even if only for an instant before it auto-hides. Also, check which monitor it has been assigned to, in case you have more than one.

Go to the Behavior tab, uncheck the 'Auto-hide the dock' setting, then click Apply. It should now appear on the screen and stay there.

Let me know what happened. :D

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Nexus has disappeared when dragged
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:38 pm 

Hola Jorge,

Thank you so much for your help and sorry for my late reply, but I live in Australia.

Since I was struggling to have it back, just minutes after my post I had an idea that came out to be successful.

With Control-Alt-Delete I stopped the Nexus process, then I went to the application and started it again. Of course it was still hiding somewhere, but clicking on the icon that at that point appeared on the taskbar, I had the chance to change its position and making it visible again.

I'll copy your procedure too, because if it happens again (hope not!) it may be another way to try.

Thanks again,
Jaxa

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]