Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Nexus theme not passing across from older theme(s)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:23 am 

Hi all and Jorge...
I used to be here a LONG..... time ago. I did some 'OK' designs of themes and they passed across to Nexus back then without issues, the shelves, taskbar.....
However, I have just come back after a substantial hiatus and purchased the new version which is gorgeous.but the themes are not changing the Nexus dock??

I figure this is ME - So I am claiming both senior moment and noob status due to how long ago.
Win 11 to state the O/S. i7 16GB RAM.. Not much else running....Sample screenshots of what does not display.

I'd say it could be me because though I have looked through 'most' settings that twig a memory, I cannot seem to find anything that facilitates it functioning as I intended?? Any help is greatly appreciated. It is of course feasible that it is Windows, or my theme or just me not navigating to the right area to change it for it to work?.
I did search 'Nexus' and I am claiming a senior moment because none that seemed to match my issue popped up. So if they do I apologise now. YES I did read the opening rules as requested and I TRIED to search appropriately... don't shoot the bass player.

P.S - Is there new editor or a change in registry or anything else I have to do? Asking just in case.

Cheers
Attachment:
sample from themes list.png
sample from themes list.png [ 858.9 KiB | Viewed 4294 times ]
Attachment:
image_2022-08-10_231700108.png
image_2022-08-10_231700108.png [ 414.05 KiB | Viewed 4294 times ]

Post subject: Re: Nexus theme not passing across from older theme(s)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:45 am 

Not sure but it seems you are changing theme in main workshelf window, which should propagate to docks i think. But try going to dock properties and set the theme there:

(sorry, I'm lazy so i just put the arrows, not numbers or annotations, but should give you the necessary info)

*edit: i think changing the theme in main preferences *might* only apply it to newly created docks?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:08 pm 

seeker wrote:
Not sure but it seems you are changing theme in main workshelf window, which should propagate to docks i think. But try going to dock properties and set the theme there:

(sorry, I'm lazy so i just put the arrows, not numbers or annotations, but should give you the necessary info)

*edit: i think changing the theme in main preferences *might* only apply it to newly created docks?

Thanks a lot - I will try this and respond when I have.
It's bothering me because Brisa and the stock themes that come with it are not changing either (that's why I suggested it may be me). You are correct, it should propagate but I did not wish to assume that either just because it used to. :)
Cheers

EDIT - Doing it separately in NEXUS does work - but it is disconcerting because it is an extra step. I still think it is something I may not have checked/ticked somewhere?? It seems unlikely that Jorge would change the user-friendliness of it when this app is all about that. I appreciate that interim fix :)

Post subject: SOLVED: Nexus theme not passing across from older theme(s)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:22 pm 

The issue is a checkbox I did not see (senior moment)
It's not huge but the NEXUS was locked which makes sense now why they were not changing :)
Weird. I tend not to lock things but I will own it.

Thanks for your help and anyone that was rolling their eyes for not saying as much :)
Cheers

P.S. Admin feel free to lock it if desired.
Attachment:
locked.png
locked.png [ 188.22 KiB | Viewed 4291 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:55 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nobody's rolling their eyes here. :) And we don't shoot Kiwis (endangered species!). :)

It's something that's easy to overlook, especially so since we embraced multiple shelves and docks (and drawers). Anyway, hope it's all working out for you.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]