Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: My Shelf has stopped working :( - SOLVED -
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:21 pm 

I had stopped using it for awhile and was using drawers, but I decided to go back to the shelf and now when I load it all the icon boxes are gone and no matter what settings I use I can't add or remove and icons from it. I tried making a new tab and it just repeats this process. Is there a way aside form uninstalling the whole thing and re-install it to reset the shelf itself back to default?

I just noticed my check box for show icon grid is shadowed out and I can't use it, it seems something has locked me out of using it altogether. I added a ss :)

The shelf used to be full of icons and the boxes around them and now its all gone and I can't seem to get it back again.

Thank you !!

Last edited by DarrowLykos on Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: My Shelf has stopped working :(
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

First thing to do is go to the Advanced tab of Preferences and Backup your current settings.

Now that this has been taken care of, on the same tab there is a 'Troubleshooting Options' button. Click it then click the 'Check Integrity of Docks and Shelves'. Let me know what it says.

Also, have you already tried applying a different theme to the shelf?

It's hard to see on that screenshot what your shelf looks like. Does it really only have one tab?

Can you please post a screenshot of the Docks & Shelves tab in Preferences (with the entry related to the shelf visible) ?

Since the application supports multiple shelves, are you sure you re-enabled the correct shelf?

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: My Shelf has stopped working :(
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:55 pm 

I just found the trouble shooting options :) I made a backup and reset it all to default and now the shelf is working again and I can go from there. Thank you for the fast response !!! I will edit post to show as solved :)

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]