Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Help with Drag and Drop with Photoshop
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:08 am 

Hi.
How are you in this beautiful night? :)
Well, I have a quick question.

I already searched through the forum for a way to fix it, and I found 50% of the way, haha.
When I have a picture, let's say, in a fullscreen folder and I'd like to open with Photoshop, with him being CLOSED, I already found a way searching here.

HOWEVER... when he's already open and I wanna ADD an image to it, I still can't. :(

It shows a "block" icon. A "temporary" fix I found was to drag the mouse to the preview, deactivating the "disable window peeking when mouseover previews" function in Tasks>Advanced, and then try to drag the file as soon as I can to the peeking.

Other than that, is there plans to add a peeking function straight from the icon?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
2.png
2.png [ 88.32 KiB | Viewed 4254 times ]
1.png
1.png [ 11.69 KiB | Viewed 4254 times ]

Post subject: Re: Help with drag and drop using open softwares
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:06 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

jonathanastanley wrote:
Hi.
How are you in this beautiful night? :)
Well, I have a quick question.

I already searched through the forum for a way to fix it, and I found 50% of the way, haha.
When I have a picture, let's say, in a fullscreen folder and I'd like to open with Photoshop, with him being CLOSED, I already found a way searching here.

HOWEVER... when he's already open and I wanna ADD an image to it, I still can't. :(

It shows a "block" icon. A "temporary" fix I found was to drag the mouse to the preview, deactivating the "disable window peeking when mouseover previews" function in Tasks>Advanced, and then try to drag the file as soon as I can to the peeking.

Other than that, is there plans to add a peeking function straight from the icon?

Thanks in advance!

Your post - including screenshots - doesn't make the slightest bit of sense, it is totally incoherent. I suggest you re-post in your native language with an online machine translation into English. Also, you need to provide much more detail - which Winstep app you are using and which version, and exactly what you are trying to do, etc. - study the Board Rules and Guidelines for information on posting queries. As things are, this looks more like a Photoshop query than any thing else. Should that be the case, this is the wrong forum for it.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:14 am 

Well... Let me try this again in a different and clearer way (hopefully).

I have an issue when trying to import an image to Photoshop when the software is already running.

When I drag an image from a folder to Photoshop (when he's completelly closed) using the dock, it opens with that image. However, when the software is already running, I'm unable to import the image, except when using the preview.

The screenshot "1" shows that I'm unable to import an image when the software is running, basically.

EDIT: And answering your question, I'm using the latest version actually: 22.7, with a Windows 10 Pro 21H2.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:18 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

jonathanastanley wrote:
Well... Let me try this again in a different and clearer way (hopefully).

I have an issue when trying to import an image to Photoshop when the software is already running.

When I drag an image from a folder to Photoshop using the dock, it opens with that image. However, when the software is already running, I'm unable to import the image, except when using the preview.

The screenshot "1" shows that I'm unable to import an image when the software is running, basically.

In other words, this is basically a Photoshop query and not connected to Winstep apps. This board and this forum is for Winstep apps. Moving this thread to the 'Off Topic' forum.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Help with Drag and Drop with Photoshop
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:20 am 

Oh, okay! I thought it was something related to Winstep NeXuS Docks.

Thanks for the help and the quick answer, Nexter. And sorry to take a little bit of your time to try and explain in a clearer way.

Have a great night. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

nexter wrote:
In other words, this is basically a Photoshop query and not connected to Winstep apps. This board and this forum is for Winstep apps. Moving this thread to the 'Off Topic' forum.

Actually he is right, Nexter, I understand what he's pointing at. This has to do with drag & dropping a document into an icon to open it in a particular application OR bring that application's window forward if it is currently running.

Apologies for the misunderstanding, Jonathan, I'm going to move the post back to the General section of the forums.

Here is the thing, though:

When an application is NOT running, dropping a document into that application's icon (e.g. dropping an image file into the icon for Photoshop) will open the document using that application.

BUT...!

When an application IS running, hovering the document over that application's icon will bring that application's window forward (e.g. will restore the window if minimized). This will then allow you to drop the document directly INTO the window itself.

The problem is that a single application may have more than one window open at the same time, so to get the correct window you have to hover the document above one of the peek preview windows instead (to select the correct window).

I think (but I haven't tried it yet) that in this case the Winstep application will block hovering over the main application icon to force you to select one of the open windows, but, if that is so, this will also prevent you from opening a new document by dropping it into the icon.

I have to look at this more carefully to understand better what he is trying to say.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Help with Drag and Drop with Photoshop
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:57 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thanks for clearing that up Jorge. But the OP's posts were so incoherent and inarticulate (and in very poor English) that confusion was inevitable. Not often we get posts quite this confusing. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]