Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: What's next after v22.7?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:48 am 

winstep wrote:
Has anyone already played around with the new 'individual taskbar per monitor' feature?

Yes I gave it a go but for me it kinda is not working. I think it is the fact I have 2 different monitors. Main one is 1980 x 1080 The secondary is 3840 x 2160. When I enable per monitor the taskbar shows fine, however maximized windows (apps and browser) on the secondary monitor only cover about 2/3rds of the screen (see 1st image) If I reboot winstep The taskbar disappears and only the task list is left. (see 2nd image). If I set both monitors to 1920 x 1080 (See 3rd Image) then it works but the start button opens on the main monitor only. I need my 4k on the second monitor for video editing and generally use it for most things. So I gave up on it for now. I had a app that opened the start menu on which ever monitor the mouse cursor was on with the windows key or start button. Since the last window update it no longer works. Info: Winstep Ultimate v.23.7 Windows 11 os build 22621.2134. Cheers! :D
(image 1)
Image (Right click image and select open image in new window)
(image 2)
(image 3)

Image I am a fan of WinstepImage

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:55 am 

Hello,
I don't know if somebody already ask this possibility (or if it s already in) but I didn't find.

Nextstart:
Have the possibility to add a taskbar from a folder (like it was possible in Windows 10)

Nexus
Quote:
The same, now you can open a path in an explorer but if it was possible to have a sub-dock linked to a folder

ok I can do it with grid stack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Williamsson wrote:
I think it is the fact I have 2 different monitors. Main one is 1980 x 1080 The secondary is 3840 x 2160. When I enable per monitor the taskbar shows fine, however maximized windows (apps and browser) on the secondary monitor only cover about 2/3rds of the screen (see 1st image)

Screen DPI (aka 'Text Size') MUST be the same for BOTH monitors. Winstep applications are high DPI compatible but not per-monitor DPI compatible.

If they are different Windows will literally lie to the Winstep application regarding screen resolutions, which can result in stuff like maximized windows only covering half the screen.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:11 pm 

winstep wrote:
Screen DPI (aka 'Text Size') MUST be the same for BOTH monitors. Winstep applications are high DPI compatible but not per-monitor DPI compatible.

If they are different Windows will literally lie to the Winstep application regarding screen resolutions, which can result in stuff like maximized windows only covering half the screen.

That fixed it! Now if windows will stop monkeying around with it's Ui LOL And a work around can get start menu to open on either monitor ok I know now I am just asking too much :lol:
Cheers!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Williamsson wrote:
Now if windows will stop monkeying around with it's Ui LOL And a work around can get start menu to open on either monitor ok I know now I am just asking too much :lol:

Nah, they're too busy having fun destroying what the previous generation of MS developers accomplished over decades and decades of continuous OS refinement. This generation won't stop until nothing works properly anymore - and then they will blame everyone else but themselves of course lol

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:08 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
Williamsson wrote:
Now if windows will stop monkeying around with it's Ui LOL And a work around can get start menu to open on either monitor ok I know now I am just asking too much :lol:

Nah, they're too busy having fun destroying what the previous generation of MS developers accomplished over decades and decades of continuous OS refinement. This generation won't stop until nothing works properly anymore - and then they will blame everyone else but themselves of course lol

MS developers? Where? Oh, you must mean their 'AS' - Artificial Stupidity - software, surely? It's so advanced, it could make a real f***-up of anything! :P

N.B. - Would the last person to leave Windows please switch off the computer. ;) Or reboot to Linux! :P

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:38 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: the vanishing Taskmanager systray icon - it's back! Weird.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5