Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Registration Issue
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 11:31 pm 

Hello, I'm new to the forums but not the software as I previously had the software installed on an older PC. My 1 year subscription of Nexus Ultimate expired 2 years ago and that PC is now long gone.

Update, newly built PC running Windows 11 Pro.

I recently (last week) purchased the updated version of Nexus Ultimate v24.4.
I was sent confirmation via email of which I received the receipt, download links and install instructions that also included my registration key.

I followed the install and register instructions to the letter but got this error when applying my key (screenshot below)

Attachment:
File comment: Key error
nexus.png
nexus.png [ 16.78 KiB | Viewed 329 times ]

Yes, this is the key that was sent to me that should have worked for my version of Nexus Ultimate.

I tried the trouble shooting guide suggesting to manually register, however, even that failed as it doesn't do anything but try to redirect me to the purchase page (screenshot below)

Attachment:
File comment: Registration error
nexus2.png
nexus2.png [ 120.31 KiB | Viewed 329 times ]

I removed it with Revo Uninstaller then reinstalled it after a cold reboot seeing if that would work but nope, key still bugs out with the above message.

At the moment I have it running on the 30 day trial.

I've already contacted support but haven't heard back from them.

I thought to post my issue here in case any dev's can help resolve my key issue.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Registration Issue
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 9:21 am 

IG-1366 wrote:
Hello, I'm new to the forums but not the software as I previously had the software installed on an older PC. My 1 year subscription of Nexus Ultimate expired 2 years ago and that PC is now long gone.

Update, newly built PC running Windows 11 Pro.

I recently (last week) purchased the updated version of Nexus Ultimate v24.4.
I was sent confirmation via email of which I received the receipt geometry dash world download links and install instructions that also included my registration key.

I followed the install and register instructions to the letter but got this error when applying my key (screenshot below)

Attachment:
nexus.png

I encountered the same problem during registration. I joined the forum to find a solution to this error. Have any updates?

Last edited by majoritytent on Tue May 28, 2024 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 11:01 am 

Quote:
I encountered the same problem during registration. I joined the forum to find a solution to this error. Have any updates?

Yeah, same reason I joined the forum.

Unfortunately I haven't received an update yet, still waiting for tech support to reply to my email or somebody here that might have a fix or possible work around.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 5:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad you posted this in the forums.

Assuming you already followed the instructions on the Troubleshooting section of the email with the new license key (which MUST be used to replace the old license key if you are renewing) then please open Preferences, go to the Advanced tab, click the Troubleshooting Options button, then click the "Troubleshoot License Key Issues" button.

What does the application say after doing this (try to post a screenshot of the dialog that pops up, if possible)?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 7:33 pm 

winstep wrote:
Glad you posted this in the forums.

Hi and glad to be here, hopefully we can find a solution to my registration error, it may also help others in the forums that are having the same problem.

Quote:
Assuming you already followed the instructions on the Troubleshooting section of the email with the new license key (which MUST be used to replace the old license key if you are renewing) then please open Preferences, go to the Advanced tab, click the Troubleshooting Options button, then click the "Troubleshoot License Key Issues" button.

This is not a renewal unfortunately but a completely fresh (new) install on a newly built PC. I discontinued using Nexus after my license expired a little over 2 years ago. I think I purchased that version around late 2019-2020 going into the pandemic (can't remember).

Quote:
What does the application say after doing this (try to post a screenshot of the dialog that pops up, if possible)?

I took a screenshot (below) upon following your instructions to navigate to the "Advanced" section.
The "Troubleshoot License Key Issues" pops up a "Code 12" window.

I hope this helps and excuse the quotes, they're only to assist me to keep track of our conversation.
Attachment:
File comment: Troubleshoot License
nexus4.png
nexus4.png [ 112.12 KiB | Viewed 218 times ]

Thank you for your reply, I much appreciate you addressing my post.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

IG-1366 wrote:
The "Troubleshoot License Key Issues" pops up a "Code 12" window.

Do you know what a hosts file is?

For some reason an entry was added to it that re-directs any calls to winstep.net to another IP address. You must remove the winstep.net entry from the hosts file, which should solve the issue.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 9:42 pm 

winstep wrote:
You must remove the winstep.net entry from the hosts file, which should solve the issue.

Solved!
Attachment:
File comment: Registered
nexus5.png
nexus5.png [ 114.35 KiB | Viewed 204 times ]

I also noticed a couple of entries in there from other apps that have been giving me issues. I removed those as well. Seems Windows 11 has been messing with my apps and blocking their internet access preventing them from updating. Sheesh.

There was another member who was having the same problem, hopefully they'll revisit this thread and reads your reply and it helps solve their registration issue.

Thanks for your assistance, much appreciate your time.
You can mark this subject as solved if you like.

Cheers.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]