Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: System tray icons not showing
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:55 am 

Hi guys!
I usually see a lot of icons in system tray - but not on Windows 11. I usually use it for disconnecting usbs, clicking on live teamviewer etc.
If I turn off Winstep Extreme my icons are showing in Windows. I don't use next start so I can't access them that way.

bookie56

Attachments:
nexus-system_tray.png
nexus-system_tray.png [ 341.14 KiB | Viewed 416 times ]

Post subject: Re: System tray icons not showing
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:23 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

bookie56 wrote:
Hi guys!
I usually see a lot of icons in system tray - but not on Windows 11. I usually use it for disconnecting usbs, clicking on live teamviewer etc.
If I turn off Winstep Extreme my icons are showing in Windows. I don't use next start so I can't access them that way.

bookie56

This topic has been covered to exhaustion. Try a forum search for 'System tray Windows 11' or some variation. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:20 pm 

nexter wrote:
bookie56 wrote:
Hi guys!

bookie56

This topic has been covered to exhaustion. Try a forum search for 'System tray Windows 11' or some variation. :)

Yes..I have seen since posting...
Obviously a sore point with many..I am not going to add to that Windows 11 is a pile of crap and so is Microsoft..

Hopefully a solution will be available at some point.

Thanks

bookie56

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:47 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

bookie56 wrote:
nexter wrote:
bookie56 wrote:
Hi guys!

bookie56

Yes..I have seen since posting...
Obviously a sore point with many..I am not going to add to that Windows 11 is a pile of crap and so is Microsoft..

Hopefully a solution will be available at some point.

Thanks
bookie56

More and more people seem to come to the conclusion that Win 11 is the biggest pile of shite yet, and a lot are coming over to Linux - plenty of them showing up in Linux-related forums etc. now! :) For as long as I still have to use the odd Windows session I'm sticking with Win 10, my main OS has been Linux for a long while. :D

Alas, other than the current workaround I doubt a full solution to the systray issue can be found because of the programming language of Winstep. :(

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:59 am 

Hi again...
A nice solution for eject usb would be nice for now...I have tried creating a desktop shortcut and dragging it to the dock but the eject has two stages instead of the one in Microsoft...

bookie56

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

bookie56 wrote:
Hi again...
A nice solution for eject usb would be nice for now...I have tried creating a desktop shortcut and dragging it to the dock but the eject has two stages instead of the one in Microsoft...

bookie56

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea! Don't know if it would be possible, but sounds like it might perhaps be doable as an internal command perhaps....

Of course, the simple alternative would be to go back to Win 10... :)

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]