Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Nexus - Can I make the the Dock's R-click menu opaque?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:22 pm 

Just starting with the free Nexus (v.22.7). Wow! Very impressive.

I'm using the Brisa theme.

Can I make the Dock's R-click context menus fully opaque?

Also, can I make the font size on these menus bigger?

TIA ~ Jeff

Post subject: Re: Nexus - Can I make the the Dock's R-click menu opaque?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Menus are only fully customizable when running Winstep Xtreme.

You can change the User Interface (UI) mode in the About tab of Nexus Preferences, and each option will change the look of the menu, but it will also change how the UI looks.

You cannot change the size of the text in the menus directly but you can 'scale up' the whole menu, which is basically the same thing: Nexus Preferences -> General tab -> More Options button -> Menu Scaling.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:10 pm 

Thanks very much Jorge. This was exactly what I needed to know.

Nexus is a fantastic accessibility tool for my visually impaired wife. The free version is already transforming her whole Windows experience. Nexus Ultimate will be my next step, and then perhaps Xtreme as well.

One quick question. Is it possible to emulate Explorer functions in Winstep? For instance, could I set up a menu containing files (not folders) where the user can click on a file to open it with the default system app?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:23 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jeff411 wrote:
Nexus is a fantastic accessibility tool for my visually impaired wife. The free version is already transforming her whole Windows experience. Nexus Ultimate will be my next step, and then perhaps Xtreme as well.

Xtreme includes everything that Nexus Ultimate offers so no need to purchase Ultimate first. :D

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Winstep Xtreme has a component called NextSTART which is a complete menu system (and optionally "replaces" the Windows taskbar as well).

There you can create your own menus, and you can even invoke those menus from the dock component of Winstep Xtreme. There are several types of menus you can create/use: from menus that you add shortcuts to via drag & drop, to menus that show the contents of folders in your hard drives - plus other specialized types of menus, such as menus that show recently used documents, the shortcuts on your Windows Desktop, etc...

The free version of Nexus is a lot more simpler and therefore limited, of course. The problem is that the higher you go (Nexus -> Nexus Ultimate -> Winstep Xtreme) the more powerful and functional the applications become but also the more complex, so the more there is to learn.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:46 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jeff411 wrote:
One quick question. Is it possible to emulate Explorer functions in Winstep? For instance, could I set up a menu containing files (not folders) where the user can click on a file to open it with the default system app?

Yes, with the NextSTART component of Xtreme. The simplest way to do this is to set up a 'Folder' type menu where the folder/s contain/s the files. For someone visually impaired it may be best to set the folders to 'Open as Grid Stack'. The file will open with the default app. It's all very simple once you get used to it. And of course there is a free 30 day trial available for the full Winstep Xtreme. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]