Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: "Open With" problem....someone help!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:54 pm 

Ok, so, i used to have Master PDF Editor 5 and used it alot, but did not want it as my default pdf viewer. But when i right click on a pdf file in my tray, it showed up under print as "Open with master PDF Editor 5". I have since switched to FOXit PDF editor. and uninstalled pdf editor 5. My dillema is that "Open with master PDF Editor 5" still shows up and for the life of me i cannot get it to change to the Foxit PDF app. I still do not want foxit as my default, but its nice to have the option right there to open it with foxit. I can go to "Open with..." and select foxit there. But how do i get rid of Master PDF Editor 5 and hopefully replace it with foxit? Anyone? I even went into the regedit thing and removed master pdf from the openwith thing. I added a screenshot

Attachments:
File comment: screenshot
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 542.48 KiB | Viewed 2398 times ]

Post subject: Re: "Open With" problem....someone help!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Those options have nothing to do with Winstep itself, that is, they are retrieved from the Windows context menu for that file type.

What seems to have happened is that Master PDF Editor inserted itself into the right click context menu options for that file type in Windows but 'forgot' to remove that option when you uninstalled it. You should get that same option if you click that same file under Explorer.

The real 'Open With' options are found under the 'Open with' sub-menu below.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]