Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Help Requests, New Members, etc. - Please Note!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:24 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please be aware that currently there is only one active volunteer moderator with only very limited spare time and the one and only administrator/coder/owner Jorge Coelho aka 'Winstep' to keep this board running smoothly. In order to facilitate this, it is essential that all members, new or old, should observe some vital rules.

This is especially important for new members of this community as well as anyone inexperienced in posting.

The full Board Rules and Guidelines can be found HERE. They provide a lot of guidance for making an effective post, especially also in re: assistance with an issue,

Any posts that do not conform to these rules and guidelines may risk being ignored or deleted, or may even result in an official warning or ban.

Furthermore, any requests for help that do not adhere to the guidelines and hints & tips are highly unlikely to be answered by moderators and may even be subject to disciplinary action. Please stick to these rules and guidelines so that we moderators - and especially Jorge Coelho - do not have to keep asking endless unnecessary supplementary questions that could have been covered by providing any required detail as per those guidelines in your queries in the first place. Remember, details, details, details! The devil's in them!

New posters also would do well to get to know the community and the Board and the various forums at least a bit before posting themselves.

Also, please bear in mind that this is an English language board, and if you feel unable to post in English, then please have the courtesy to post an online machine translation alongside your native language. If staff do not speak your language and in the absence of your having provided a machine translation, they are unlikely to have the time or even inclination to create one themselves and help you.

Follow the rules and guidelines and all will be fine. Ignore them at your peril.

This is for everyone's benefit and will make the Winstep board easier to peruse, read, search and to find answers. It will also mean that staff can answer more queries and help more. And it also will make the board a nicer place for all.

Furthermore, it will help relieve Jorge Coelho's heavy workload and leave him more time for more important coding issues.

Thank you.

:Edit: This page has been revised 2023/12/04. :/Edit:

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Help Requests, New Members, etc. - Please Note!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:52 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I really must emphasise how important it is for everyone to read, understand, and follow the rules so that we can avoid the kind of infantile behaviour that we are currently seeing elsewhere on this board.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:17 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
I really must emphasise how important it is for everyone to read, understand, and follow the rules so that we can avoid the kind of infantile behaviour that we are currently seeing elsewhere on this board.

Please, do follow the the Rules & Guidelines etc. - it really will make this a better place for everyone. Thankfully, the recent episode of unpleasantness seems to be behind us, so let's hope we won't see any more of that kind of thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:32 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I regret having to emphasise again how important it is for everyone to read, understand, and follow the rules. This will help make this board a better, friendlier place for everyone.

Thank you
nexter - Global Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:25 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please be aware that currently there is only one active volunteer moderator with only very limited spare time and the one and only administrator/coder/owner Jorge Coelho aka 'Winstep' to keep this board running smoothly. In order to facilitate this, it is essential that all members, old or new, should observe some vital rules.

The full Board Rules and Guidelines can be found HERE

Any posts that do not conform to these rules and guidelines may risk being ignored or deleted, or may even result in an official warning or ban.

Furthermore, any requests for help that do not adhere to the guidelines and hints & tips are highly unlikely to be answered by moderators and may even be subject to disciplinary action. Please stick to these rules and guidelines so that we moderators - and especially Jorge Coelho - do not have to keep asking endless unnecessary supplementary questions that could have been covered by providing any required detail as per those guidelines in your queries in the first place. Remember, details, details, details!

New posters also would do well to get to know the Board and the various forums at least a bit before posting themselves.

Also, please bear in mind that this is an English language board, and if you feel unable to post in English, then please have the courtesy to post an online machine translation alongside your native language. If staff do not speak your language and in the absence of your having provided a machine translation, they are unlikely to have the time or even inclination to create one themselves and help you.

Follow the rules and guidelines and all will be fine. Ignore them at your peril.

This is for everyone's benefit, so that the Winstep board will be easier to peruse, read, search and to find answers. It will also mean that staff can answer more queries and help more. It also will make the board a nicer place for all.

It will also help relieve Jorge Coelho's heavy workload and leave him more time for more important issues.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:21 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please be aware that currently there is only one active volunteer moderator with only very limited spare time and the one and only administrator/coder/owner Jorge Coelho aka 'Winstep' to keep this board running smoothly. In order to facilitate this, it is essential that all members, old or new, should observe some vital rules.

This is especially important for new members of this community as well as anyone inexperienced in posting.

The full Board Rules and Guidelines can be found HERE

Furthermore, any requests for help that do not adhere to the guidelines and hints & tips are highly unlikely to be answered by moderators and may even be subject to disciplinary action. Please stick to these rules and guidelines so that we moderators - and especially Jorge Coelho - do not have to keep asking endless unnecessary supplementary questions that could have been covered by providing any required detail as per those guidelines in your queries in the first place. Remember, details, details, details!

New posters also would do well to get to know the Board and the various forums at least a bit before posting themselves.

This is for everyone's benefit, so that the Winstep board will be easier to peruse, read, search and to find answers. It will also mean that staff can answer more queries and help more. It also will make the board a nicer place for all.

It will also help relieve Jorge Coelho's heavy workload and leave him more time for more important coding issues.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:42 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please be advised that the original post of this topic has been revised 2023/12/04.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:21 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please make an effort to read the original post at the top of this thread, giving you important information with regard to posting and other matters.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:22 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Most especially but not exclusively for new users who cannot be arsed to scroll down the page, here's a reminder:
nexter wrote:
Please be aware that currently there is only one active volunteer moderator with only very limited spare time and the one and only administrator/coder/owner Jorge Coelho aka 'Winstep' to keep this board running smoothly. In order to facilitate this, it is essential that all members, new or old, should observe some vital rules.

The full Board Rules and Guidelines can be found HERE. They provide a lot of guidance for making an effective post, especially also in re: assistance with an issue,

Furthermore, any requests for help that do not adhere to the guidelines and hints & tips are highly unlikely to be answered by moderators and may even be subject to disciplinary action. Please stick to these rules and guidelines so that we moderators - and especially Jorge Coelho - do not have to keep asking endless unnecessary supplementary questions that could have been covered by providing any required detail as per those guidelines in your queries in the first place. Remember, details, details, details! The devil's in them!

New posters also would do well to get to know the community and the Board and the various forums at least a bit before posting themselves.

This is for everyone's benefit and will make the Winstep board easier to peruse, read, search and to find answers. It will also mean that staff can answer more queries and help more. And it also will make the board a nicer place for all.

Furthermore, it will help relieve Jorge Coelho's heavy workload and leave him more time for more important coding issues.

Thank you.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 9 posts ]