Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Left click on Nexus
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:26 pm 

Hello,

I just discovered Nexus, it's an amazing work, thanks. It's about few days i'm looking for something : an icon on the desktop and when you one left click it opens a dock, just like yours, almost. Here is my question : is it possible to show the dock by left clicking one time on the Nexus icon to show the dock and double click to enter settings ? I did not find the option in settings. If it's possible I buy !

Thank for reading and sorry for my english

Etienne

Post subject: Re: Left click on Nexus
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If the dock is floating (instead of docked to a screen edge) it can collapse to a single Nexus control icon. Clicking, however, is backwards from what you say: double clicking expands the dock, left clicking opens the Dock Properties dialog/Preferences.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:59 am 

winstep wrote:
If the dock is floating (instead of docked to a screen edge) it can collapse to a single Nexus control icon. Clicking, however, is backwards from what you say: double clicking expands the dock, left clicking opens the Dock Properties dialog/Preferences.

I also think this function is working the wrong way around. 1 click should open the dock and double click should open the dock properties. A checkbox to reverse the click behaviour would be nice.

I can't get used to this reverse way of clicking so I use the auto hide instead, but I would much prefer the icon click methode.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:15 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hanna wrote:
winstep wrote:

I also think this function is working the wrong way around. 1 click should open the dock and double click should open the dock properties. A checkbox to reverse the click behaviour would be nice.

I can't get used to this reverse way of clicking so I use the auto hide instead, but I would much prefer the icon click methode.

The current function is working exactly right, but if it is actually possible, the reversed behaviour might perhaps be offered as an option. However, I think this could lead to a lot of confusion....

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:27 pm 

nexter wrote:

The current function is working exactly right, but if it is actually possible, the reversed behaviour might perhaps be offered as an option. However, I think this could lead to a lot of confusion....

Why confusion?
Let the current behaviour be default, add an invert click function checkbox, and everyone will be happy :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:33 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hanna wrote:
nexter wrote:

Why confusion?
Let the current behaviour be default, add an invert click function checkbox, and everyone will be happy :wink:

Well, there are, alas, always some people out there.... ;)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]