Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 15 posts ]
 Post subject: Important! Winstep Email & PM Support
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:34 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please note that until further notice users are still kindly requested not to use the Winstep email address or PMs to 'Winstep' (Jorge Coelho) for support or any other issues. PMs should only be used if staff specifically instruct a user to do so under certain circumstances.

In the meantime, please use exclusively the 'General Discussion' forum here for any support queries or issues. And please be patient for a reply. It may take a number of days or even a week or more until your query can be dealt with.

There is still some backlog of support issues, while work also continues on new updates - especially also for the mess that is Windows 11 and the mess it creates for third party apps like Winstep.

This is for everyone's benefit - the less email sole developer/owner Jorge Coelho has to catch up with the sooner outstanding support issues will be dealt with and new application updates will materialise.

Thank you.

:Edit: Please note this post has been revised 2023/12/04. :/Edit:

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Important! Winstep Email Support
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:56 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
As there is still some backlog of support issues at the Winstep Support mailbox, while work also continues on new updates - especially also for the mess that is Windows 11 - users are kindly requested for the time being not to contact the Winstep Support email address unless specifically asked by staff to do so, and to use the 'General Discussion' forum instead for any support issues/queries until further notice.

This is for everyone's benefit - the less email sole developer/owner Jorge Coelho has to catch up with the sooner outstanding support issues will be dealt with and new application updates will materialise.

Thank you.

-nexter (Global Moderator)

Please note that the above post has been amended to add that users should use the 'General Discussion' forum for any support issues/queries for the time being.

Thank you.
nexter - Global Moderator

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:28 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I repeat, users are asked to only use the 'General Discussion' forum for any help/support issues for the time being.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:37 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I regret that on behalf of Winstep users are requested solely to use the 'General Discussion' forum for any help/support issues for the time being and NOT email or PM to user "Winstep".

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 4:25 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
I regret that on behalf of Winstep users are requested solely to use the 'General Discussion' forum for any help/support issues for the time being and NOT email or PM to user "Winstep".

Thank you.

Just a timely gentle reminder. Please stick to the forum only for now. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:39 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

Thank you.

And a short addendum. The Beta Forum has not been in use for a number of years now and is effectively defunct. It is merely kept in place in case it might be necessary to use it again in the future.

Beta issues are discussed in this forum when they arise. So please do not ask to join the beta forum - requests are just a nuisance at this point and are not being answered.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:07 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

Thank you.

And a short addendum. The Beta Forum has not been in use for a number of years now and is effectively defunct. It is merely kept in place in case it might be necessary to use it again in the future.

Beta issues are discussed in this forum when they arise. So please do not ask to join the beta forum - requests are just a nuisance at this point and are not being answered.

Thank you.

I hope the messages are starting to sink in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:43 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:

Thank you.

Thank you.

I'm afraid the above Email and PM support restrictions have to continue until further notice. Please raise any support queries in the 'General Discussion' forum only.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Important! Winstep Email & PM Support
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:15 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Users are requested until further notice to continue to address any help/support requests exclusively to the 'General Discussion forum and not to use email or PM for such issues unless instructed by staff to do otherwise in certain circumstances.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:30 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Until further notice please continue to address any help/support requests exclusively to the 'General Discussion forum and do not use email or PM for such issues unless instructed by staff to do otherwise in certain circumstances.

And please be patient for a reply. It may take a number of days or even a week or so until your query can be dealt with.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:10 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Regrettably, the following still applies for now :
nexter wrote:
Until further notice please continue to address any help/support requests exclusively to the 'General Discussion forum and do not use email or PM for such issues unless instructed by staff to do otherwise in certain circumstances.

And please be patient for a reply. It may take a number of days or even a week or more until your query can be dealt with.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:04 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please note that until further notice users are still kindly requested not to use the Winstep email address or PMs to 'Winstep' (Jorge Coelho) for support or any other issues. PMs should only be used if staff specifically instruct a user to do so under certain circumstances.

In the meantime, please use exclusively the 'General Discussion' forum here for any support queries or issues. And please be patient for a reply. It may take a number of days or even a week or more until your query can be dealt with.

There is still some backlog of support issues at the Winstep Support mailbox, while work also continues on new updates - especially also for the mess that is Windows 11 and the mess it creates for apps like Winstep.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:04 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please be advised that the original post of this topic has been revised 2023/12/04.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:35 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please note that the restrictions on email and PM support explained in the original post at the top of this thread still apply for the time being.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:59 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

A reminder especially but not exclusively for those kinds of new users who cannot be arsed to scroll down more than a few topics:
nexter wrote:

There is still some backlog of support issues, while work also continues on new updates - especially also for the mess that is Windows 11 and the mess it creates for third party apps like Winstep.

Thank you.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 15 posts ]