Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: DisplayLink Monitor Not Present.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:44 am 

Here's my use-case. I am creating a dedicated system status display for my gaming rig. For this case I am using a USB monitor which is driven using the DisplayLink Protocol. The windows desktop sees this monitor as an additional display. Nexus allows me to drag itself to the display. However, inside the Nexus position menu it does not recognize that this display exists, it only shows my other two monitors which are being driven by an Nvidia RTX 3080 TI.

So my questions here are:
  • Does the software only recognize the default video card?
  • Is there another way outside of the user menu to force it to recognize the other display?
  • Is the problem perhaps related to the fact that this is a DisplayLink USB device and is there a workaround given that Nexus will successfully display there, perhaps a file edit or registry change?

What might I be missing here?

DisplayLink is pretty ubiquitous, most folks don't even realize they're using it. Unlink "Intel Inside", Synaptics has done a pretty terrible job making their presence in the display ecosystem known. But if it helps, DisplayLink monitors are generally available as two categories, those that are connected via a USB hub or USB to HDMI adapter and those that are USB monitors. Both categories use the same drivers. The drivers are baked into Windows since Windows 7.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayLink
https://www.synaptics.com/products/disp ... k-products

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 1 post ]