Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Copy / Paste / Delete files within a grid stack window
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:43 pm 

Hi guys,

Searched the forums for this functionality but could not find anything related. Is it possible to make the grid stack window behave like the "portals" from Fences that allow users to copy/paste and select files or folders to be deleted directly in the stack?

Post subject: Re: Copy / Paste / Delete files within a grid stack window
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:58 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

xenocyde3000 wrote:
Hi guys,

Searched the forums for this functionality but could not find anything related. Is it possible to make the grid stack window behave like the "portals" from Fences that allow users to copy/paste and select files or folders to be deleted directly in the stack?

Right-click an icon in the stack and the context menu appears, and you can delete or cu-and-past from there, but not copy. Alternatively, you can drag the icon to the recycler to delete, or to copy/move (use right-click drag-n-drop and select copy of move). :)

No idea re: Fences I'm afraid, never seemed useful to me personally, along with all Stardick apps so no idea about the functionality in Fences.

PS - Thanks for the 'Spam' report - wish more users could do that! :D

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:52 am 

nexter wrote:
xenocyde3000 wrote:
Hi guys,

Right-click an icon in the stack and the context menu appears, and you can delete or cu-and-past from there, but not copy. Alternatively, you can drag the icon to the recycler to delete, or to copy/move (use right-click drag-n-drop and select copy of move). :)

No idea re: Fences I'm afraid, never seemed useful to me personally, along with all Stardick apps so no idea about the functionality in Fences.

Clicking a single icon is something I guess, but would be nice to have at least keyboard shortcut functionality (ctrl + x/c/v) if selection for more files is too difficult to implement. The portals in Fences essentially act like "virtual explorer windows" that allow for keyboard shortcuts and dragbox selection. Maybe I should add this to the wishlist thread?

nexter wrote:

You're welcome :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:28 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

xenocyde3000 wrote:
nexter wrote:

Clicking a single icon is something I guess, but would be nice to have at least keyboard shortcut functionality (ctrl + x/c/v) if selection for more files is too difficult to implement. The portals in Fences essentially act like "virtual explorer windows" that allow for keyboard shortcuts and dragbox selection. Maybe I should add this to the wishlist thread?

You certainly are welcome to add this to the Winstep Wishlist. However, it may not be possible or feasible of course. Fences seems to be a completely different animal - we have to bear in mind that Grid Stacks are merely temporary windows, essentially an alternative to displaying a menu of a folder's contents or a folder window doing the same.

xenocyde3000 wrote:
nexter wrote:

You're welcome :wink:

8)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]