Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Run-time
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:17 pm 
When I right click on a desktop shortcut in a NextStart menu, I will often get a pop-up with Run-time error '91' and NextStart will crash. This happened on the previous version as well. This seems to be associated with Desktop shortcuts. I am running WinXP SP1. Do you have any suggestions or ideas about this issue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Although I've received a couple of reports about this 'bug' (?) I was never able to reproduce it here. And if I can't reproduce it I can't fix it. Even worst, it seems to be a sporadic kind of bug, i.e.; it doesn't always happen, which makes it the programmer's worst nightmare. :D

For anybody having this problem in any kind of consistent way, please post here any NextSTART settings you might think relevant (theme being used, menu animations on or off, OS version, system language, etc...). Please also experiment to see if changing themes, or some NextSTART settings, make the error go away.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:10 pm 
Your right. I went over to my other machine and it does not have this problem. They both have pretty much the same settings and theme, but of course something is different. I will dig more into it and let you know what I can find...

Thx.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]