Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Hide on desktop Shortcuts created in Nexus
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:12 pm 

Greetings,

New user on this app (free version), I started creating shortcuts to apps I want to have fast access to without polluting my desktop with tons of icons.
Sadly, I could not figure how NOT to create a shortcut on Windows desktop at same time...

I noticed a 'hide all icons' but this is not what I want, I only want to hide 'shortcuted in Nexus' ones, not others that I already have.
Any kind soul to point me to where to find this option ?

Thanks in advance,

BR,

D.

Post subject: Re: Hide on desktop Shortcuts created in Nexus
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:28 am 

I'm not familiar with Nexus since I have Winstep Xtreme. However, I don't think any of the versions will do what you're trying to achieve.

The only thing I can think of is for you to create links somewhere other than your desktop, then use a sub dock on the Control Icon on your dock and drag the links onto the sub dock. They'll be hidden, and to access the links, click on the Control Icon.

I don't know if the free version of Nexus has that feature. You'll have to check that out to see if it can do that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:29 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Windy wrote:
I'm not familiar with Nexus since I have Winstep Xtreme. However, I don't think any of the versions will do what you're trying to achieve.

The only thing I can think of is for you to create links somewhere other than your desktop, then use a sub dock on the Control Icon on your dock and drag the links onto the sub dock. They'll be hidden, and to access the links, click on the Control Icon.

I don't know if the free version of Nexus has that feature. You'll have to check that out to see if it can do that.

Sounds about right, Windy. However, I'm not sure just how links on the dock could end up on the desktop - it sounds more like he's putting links on the desktop tab of a shelf, except that IIRC the free version of Nexus doesn't have a shelf. The OP's post is really rather vague, and what's needed really is a step by step description of what he's doing. I really just cant be arsed though to keep asking supplementary questions. I wish people would read the friggin' guidelines (and rules) which tell them that the devil's in the detail. :/

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:09 pm 

It's a little frustrating when you go through the trouble of trying to help and the OP doesn't respond.

I wish Jorge were around. He could have let us know if sub docks are available in the free version of Nexus.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:06 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Windy wrote:
It's a little frustrating when you go through the trouble of trying to help and the OP doesn't respond.

I wish Jorge were around. He could have let us know if sub docks are available in the free version of Nexus.

Well, you get used to OPs not responding and just ignore it. Nothing else one can do, alas.

However, they should provide at least as much detail as possible in the first place. They could find out about that by reading the Board Rules and Guidelines, but I guess that's just too much trouble. So much easier to just go ahead and post your junk and let some donkey do the work for you. :|

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:43 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Abusive reply arguing with staff by OP deleted, 3 month ban given.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]