Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Warning: software protection mechanism triggered
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:32 am 

I have nexus ultimate and have been running ok but today when I wake my computer I get a pop up with the heading Warning: software protection mechanism triggered....and some other info and nexus closes. I am running windows 11 and I have BitDefender antivirus. As I said it has been running fine up until today...any suggestions.

Post subject: Re: Warning: software protection mechanism triggered
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:49 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

trem wrote:
I have nexus ultimate and have been running ok but today when I wake my computer I get a pop up with the heading Warning: software protection mechanism triggered....and some other info and nexus closes. I am running windows 11 and I have BitDefender antivirus. As I said it has been running fine up until today...any suggestions.

You don't give any detailed info such as version nos., where the warning is from (i.e., e.g., Nexus, Window, or BitDefender), full text of the warning notice, what happens if you then start up Nexus again, etc.

Given that BitDefender can cause all kinds of problems seemingly out of the blue, that may, or may not, be the cause of your problem....

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:14 pm 

trem wrote:

Read this. I assume you didn't notice it. It's the very first sticky.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10604

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:12 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Windy wrote:
trem wrote:

Read this. I assume you didn't notice it. It's the very first sticky.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10604

Probably another case of, 'why bother with all that, let someone else give me the answer....' - I think in future I'll just ignore posts like that. :|

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]