Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: "Open with" for subfolders in grid stack + hotkey
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:12 pm 

Hello,
I am new in this forum and at first say hello @all :-)
If I am doing something wrong, please tell me.

My question:
I have an additional filemanager (XYplorer) and would like to open subfolders in my grid stack with XYplorer. Is it possible (and how?) to tell the grid stack "open subfolders in this grid stack with XYplorer"?

And additionally:
Is it possible (and how?) to open a subfolder not by rightclicking >Open, but by "long mouse clicking" or left-clicking + hotkey?

Thanks for your help!
Surya

Post subject: Re: "Open with" for subfolders in grid stack + hotkey
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:39 pm 

@leopardblocks: Sorry, I really do not understand, what you want to tell me. Whom did I interrupt?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:51 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Surya wrote:
@leopardblocks: Sorry, I really do not understand, what you want to tell me. Whom did I interrupt?

Never mind, that was just some idiot with nothing to say - he's been banished into a big void in cyberspace. ;)

Reply to your query TF. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:03 pm 

@nexter: Thanks for your reply :-) I thought the same, but wasn't sure- it was the first reply on my first question in Winstep Forum. Never had such happened in other forums...

And I still hope for a helpful answer to my question...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:21 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Surya wrote:
If I am doing something wrong, please tell me.

Not so far, at least nothing too major in the context of your questions. :) However, to avoid any possible future mistakes, it would be helpful if you could please read the 'Board Rules and Guidelines' HERE. They are very brief compared to most other boards and have a lot of useful information on posting in these forums here.
Surya wrote:
I have an additional filemanager (XYplorer) and would like to open subfolders in my grid stack with XYplorer. Is it possible (and how?) to tell the grid stack "open subfolders in this grid stack with XYplorer"?

I'm afraid it is not possible, alas. It's a feature that has been asked for a number of times over the years, but IIRC it cannot be implemented. :( I would very much have preferred to have had the option as I loathe the Windows File Explorer myself and use DoubleCommander, which I learned to appreciate under Ubuntu Linux, which is my prime OS for quite a few years now.
Surya wrote:
Is it possible (and how?) to open a subfolder not by rightclicking >Open, but by "long mouse clicking" or left-clicking + hotkey?

Sorry to have to again say that it cannot be done - to open folders and subfolders in Grid Stacks you are limited to right click/context menu or left click. But of course e.g., you could always configure the Grid Stack to open folders/subfolders as another Grid Stack when you left click.
Surya wrote:
Thanks for your help!

You're welcome. :D
Surya wrote:
@nexter: Thanks for your reply :-) I thought the same, but wasn't sure- it was the first reply on my first question in Winstep Forum. Never had such happened in other forums...

:) Ah well, this board is a little different to most - it is very liberal and tolerant, but it also means that we get a fair lote of spam, nonsense and other spurious posts, and people who want to argue or get up to mischief. But I tend to catch them out fairly quickly most of the time and treat all of that kind of thing with an iron fist. 8)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:50 pm 

Thanks nexter for your answer :-)
Even if i'm not happy with it...

Yes, I read the Rules before (and hope, everything doing right according to rules) and searched in this forum and with google for my wish. And found a topic about this ("at the moment not possible to "open with" in grid stack" was the answer there). But Things can change over the time, and it could have been possible, that things, which haven't been possible in the past, are possible now.
But, okay, it isn't possible and won't be in the future. What a pity.

Dear nexter, maybe, you could answer another question too?
I am sorry, to write that here, but don't know what to do else.
I wrote the company by mail about a registration question- no answer after a week. Then I wrote a private message to Winstep administrator here in this forum 2 days ago with no answer. I am unhappy with such a behaviour, I bought the software. What else can I do now??

Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:42 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Surya wrote:
Thanks nexter for your answer :-)
Even if i'm not happy with it...

Well, you never know - things can always change in the long run. :) You could also post these as feature requests in the 'Winstep Wishlist' thread.
Surya wrote:
I am sorry, to write that here, but don't know what to do else.
I wrote the company by mail about a registration question- no answer after a week. Then I wrote a private message to Winstep administrator here in this forum 2 days ago with no answer. I am unhappy with such a behaviour, I bought the software. What else can I do now??

The problem is, Winstep Software Technologies is a one-man operation - Jorge Coelho is the sole proprietor and coder, as well as the sole admin of this Board. And at present, he is terribly busy and totally focused on fixing a problem with the system tray created by a recent Windows 11 update. You can find out more about what is happening in this thread HERE. This also informs of the current state of affairs in this respect and will be updated when there is any news. This is the reason also why emails and PMs are unlikely to be answered at the moment - and there was/is a large pre-existing backlog of emails and PMs also. There is a topic in this forum that actually requests users not to use either for the time being, if possible.

If your registration query concerns a technical matter, e.g. regarding how to apply the licence key, then please post it here, with as much detail of the issue as possible. If on the other hand you have a problem with, e.g., not having received the license key, then that is a matter for BMT Micro's customer support to sort out as it is from them that you actually bought the software. The latter is often due to an error in the email address users used when making the purchase, or their email client having decided to put it in the Spam folder. The process through BMT is fully automated - as soon as payment is confirmed, the appropriate confirmation and license key are sent out.

Hope this helps. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]