Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Weather Module / MSN Feed
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:29 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:
winstep wrote:
Yay! Let's see how long it takes for someone at Microsoft to botch it up again lol

I might be tempted to put money on it! A week or two? ;) :P

Haha! Only just a week it would seem. Running Windows for a couple of hours this afternoon with the weather mod, first a location nearby (kind of) without Metar code, weather data taken about a fortnight ago, then one further away with Metar code and 4-day forecast was a couple of days old! So, totally unreliable!

Seems to be back working for now, albeit sometimes with hours-old readings taken on MSN-only. Not really very useful/reliable.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Weather Module / MSN Feed
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:06 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Did I say hours-old readings!? Sometimes weeks old! Often have to initiate manual checks and even that doesn't always work. So MSN feed as unreliable as ever, alas.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2