Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Hoover wish
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:34 am 

It would be nice if hoovering a dock item would show the content of the item (folder view)
instead of the info bubble that I don't know how to disable :?
Ideally the hoovering should do exactly the same as clicking the dock item, but with a short delay on the first item, and no delay on the next ones, so swiping the dock items will give a fast content overview of the whole dock. 8)

Post subject: Re: Hoover wish
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 3:12 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hanna wrote:
It would be nice if hoovering a dock item would show the content of the item (folder view)
instead of the info bubble that I don't know how to disable :?
Ideally the hoovering should do exactly the same as clicking the dock item, but with a short delay on the first item, and no delay on the next ones, so swiping the dock items will give a fast content overview of the whole dock. 8)

While Winstep Xtreme and Nexus Ultimate have just about everything including the kitchen sink, a vacuum cleaner is still on the 'to do' list. :P

It would be nice if users could spend a little time exploring the software they use and their preferences/settings/properties, instead of relying on others to waste their time to provide all the answers. Disabling the balloon info tooltips can be easily found in the 'Dock Properties'.

As for the hover-preview of folder contents - I think you might as well ask for a viable warp drive. ;) Don't think that would be feasible/possible at all.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]