Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: WinStep Performance in Windows 11
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:18 am 

Hello, everyone.

Until recently I was just a happy and satisfied user of WinStep Xtreme. However, around a month ago, it became slow to load the Dock/Sub-dock items. It may take anything between 2-5 seconds on average to load subdock. I tried all kinds of voodoo to tune performance and nothing helps.

After thinking for a while about what could cause the performance hit and what changed in the computer when Winstep became slow I guessed that this probably coincided in time with Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5026372) installed on my PC, or even may be Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057). There were a lot of complaints reported about systems becoming slow and unstable after kb5026372 installation https://www.windowslatest.com/2023/05/17/microsoft-investigates-issues-in-windows-11-kb5026372-may-2023-update/.

While I am not sure whether these updates are the reason for the issues I am experiencing I wanted to ask here if such performance problems are a known fact and anyone who is closely familiar with the inner workings of Winstep can confirm that this software is currently slow for many users and it is impacted by the Windows Updates?

Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: WinStep Performance in Windows 11
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:49 am 

Hello, @Ascar. Are you using the public/official build of the Windows 11 or are you in the Insider Programgb whatsapp download?

I was in the Windows Insider Program Dev Channel where i get new updates before the public release. I though that was the reason the dock are taking time to load.
Any updates on this one?

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]