Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Memory issue when starting Nexus Ultimate
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:47 am 

Hi all I'm having a problem when when I open Nexus Ultimate.

I'm using an old i9 10900k with Asus Z590F motherboard, 32Gb Ram and 2 TB SSD on Win11 Home. It runs stable as a table until....

The explorer.exe process start consuming RAM continuously once I start Nexus Ultimate until I either close Nexus or restart the explorer.exe process. I did let it go until it took more than half the RAM but I did not want to crash the PC so I stopped it. If I just restart the explorer.exe process it starts the issue all over again If I exit Nexus Dock it stops immediately. No other program on the PC causes this to occur except Nexus.

I have tried removing removing all icons one my one until there are no icons on the dock and it continues.

I have reset everything using the options in the trouble shooting section, turned off all bells and whistles e.g. animations, reflections etc in fact turned off everything that had a option but no luck.

I completely uninstalled the application and downloaded a fresh copy from the Website and reinstall the default but the same issue occurs.

I realise that Windows 11 has been changing (thankfully) as all OS do over time so it raises two questions for Me:

1. Does anyone else here with a similar setup have the same issue, just open Task manager and check explorer.exe process before and after opening Nexus to see if Memory keeps incrementing without stopping. (it's slow about 4mb per second)

2. Is there any plan to update the dock to accommodate the changing environment it runs on to address the issues caused by these changes?

By analogy If Windows is the road then Nexus is one of the cars that run on it and if the road changes then it should adapt accordingly or there might be a crash? e.g. run out of memory.

Perhaps our redoubtable moderator can comment on behalf of the programmer? All comments are welcome (if not if not helpful :roll: )

P.S. I did pay and would be happy to continue to pay for updates going forward we just haven't seen many for a while and there have been a lot of changes since hence the questions.

I'm not trying blowing smoke up the programmer's rectal cavity by saying, it's a great piece of software in my opinion. I just hope I can get it working as it used to, something like it should have been a part of Windows in the first place.

Cheers!
Fink.

Post subject: Re: Memory issue when starting Nexus Ultimate
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:10 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fink wrote:
Hi all I'm having a problem when when I open Nexus Ultimate.

I'm using an old i9 10900k with Asus Z590F motherboard, 32Gb Ram and 2 TB SSD on Win11 Home. It runs stable as a table until....

The explorer.exe process start consuming RAM continuously once I start Nexus Ultimate until I either close Nexus or restart the explorer.exe process. I did let it go until it took more than half the RAM but I did not want to crash the PC so I stopped it. If I just restart the explorer.exe process it starts the issue all over again If I exit Nexus Dock it stops immediately. No other program on the PC causes this to occur except Nexus.

I have tried removing removing all icons one my one until there are no icons on the dock and it continues.

I have reset everything using the options in the trouble shooting section, turned off all bells and whistles e.g. animations, reflections etc in fact turned off everything that had a option but no luck.

I completely uninstalled the application and downloaded a fresh copy from the Website and reinstall the default but the same issue occurs.

I realise that Windows 11 has been changing (thankfully) as all OS do over time so it raises two questions for Me:

1. Does anyone else here with a similar setup have the same issue, just open Task manager and check explorer.exe process before and after opening Nexus to see if Memory keeps incrementing without stopping. (it's slow about 4mb per second)

2. Is there any plan to update the dock to accommodate the changing environment it runs on to address the issues caused by these changes?

By analogy If Windows is the road then Nexus is one of the cars that run on it and if the road changes then it should adapt accordingly or there might be a crash? e.g. run out of memory.

Perhaps our redoubtable moderator can comment on behalf of the programmer? All comments are welcome (if not if not helpful :roll: )

P.S. I did pay and would be happy to continue to pay for updates going forward we just haven't seen many for a while and there have been a lot of changes since hence the questions.

I'm not trying blowing smoke up the programmer's rectal cavity by saying, it's a great piece of software in my opinion. I just hope I can get it working as it used to, something like it should have been a part of Windows in the first place.

Cheers!
Fink.

As no-one else has reported this problem, it seems unlikely to be directly linked to Nexus itself and rather suggests some oddity in your Windows set-up, or possibly a problem with a new Windows update, esp. if Insider beta.

Your second query has been answered almost ad infinitum in the forum already - do a bit of looking around/searching yourself.

Your analogy of roads and cars does not hold up.

And there's absolutely nothing to be thankful about Windows changing. Win 11 is probably the biggest retrograde step in the history of this pathetic excuse for an OS yet. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole myself.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Memory issue when starting Nexus Ultimate
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:24 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fink wrote:
nexter wrote:
As no-one else has reported this problem, it seems unlikely to be directly linked to Nexus itself and rather suggests some oddity in your Windows set-up, or possibly a problem with a new Windows update, esp. if Insider beta.

Your second query has been answered almost ad infinitum in the forum already - do a bit of looking around/searching yourself.

Your analogy of roads and cars does not hold up.

And there's absolutely nothing to be thankful about Windows changing. Win 11 is probably the biggest retrograde step in the history of this pathetic excuse for an OS yet. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole myself.

Abusive reply and arguing with staff deleted. We seem to get a fair proportion of these infantile ingrates who try to engage in a 'who can piss higher' contest but really they just piss in the wind. One tries one's best to help people, but sometimes it's just a complete waste of time. :|

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]