Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Ultra wide monitor dock positions screwed up.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:08 pm 

I have an ultrawide monitor. I have a dock centered on the top edge, one on the right and one on the bottom. After my computer wakes up, the the top centered dock is over to the left edge until i click something on it, then it moves back to the center. The dock on the right edge is in the center of the screen and moves back to the right when i click on it and the bottom dock is up about 1/3 of the way from the bottom and it will not go back down unless i restart nexus. Is there a fix for this? Should I try and reinstall? Is anyone else having this problem? Thought I would ask.

Post subject: Re: Ultra wide monitor dock positions screwed up.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It sounds like your PC is doing some hanky panky stuff with the screen or screen resolution upon returning from sleep. Is that a desktop PC or a laptop connected to a monitor?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:21 pm 

Its a HP Envy curved ultra wide all in one desktop pc. Display resolution 3440x1440

Attachment:
5759904ld.jpg
5759904ld.jpg [ 420.12 KiB | Viewed 2235 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:28 pm 

Make sure the video resolution is set to the native resolution of the monitor.

HP has been known to include additional software specific for their machines in the windows installation images (including the restore/recovery partition).

Sometimes this software can interfere with the proper operation of the computer.

The worst I have seen KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED blue screens of death caused by such software that was resolved by uninstalling it.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhaGi9_3Itw

Before I do any troubleshooting/problem resolution work on a computer (I am a sysadm techie) the first thing I do is create a restore point (Control Panel -> System Properties -> System Protection, [Create].

If anything goes wrong (and it can no matter how skilled/experienced/qualified the techie may be) the snapshot of that restore point can be restored.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]