Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Workshelf - Help Needed
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:06 pm 

How can I remove this semi-transparent layer/background on Workshelf?

I already set the transparency to 100% but I still get that hazy background:

Any help is truly appreciated.

Last edited by Espada on Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Workshelf - Help Needed
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You will have to ignore it, unfortunately. Functionally the minimum the application can use is 0.5% transparency, as otherwise mouse clicks/movements on the empty spaces 'fall through' to any applications underneath and the dock stops working as it should.

On most monitors - and also depending on the background - this 'haziness' isn't even noticeable.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:56 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
You will have to ignore it, unfortunately. Functionally the minimum the application can use is 0.5% transparency, as otherwise mouse clicks/movements on the empty spaces 'fall through' to any applications underneath and the dock stops working as it should.

On most monitors - and also depending on the background - this 'haziness' isn't even noticeable.

Yet again someone who can't tell one app from another!

And he's got the dock set to 100% transparent, not opaque!

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:00 pm 

winstep wrote:

I really don't mind clicks falling through spaces as I have nothing underneath the dock (area is reserved for the workshelf using a 3rd party app and won't be playing with the dock as I have everything set as I want it).

The strange thing is that when taking screenshots, the background/haziness does not appear. Also, the icons look more defined and crisp but that might be due to the contrast between them and my wallpaper.

Last edited by Espada on Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Espada wrote:
I really don't mind clicks falling through spaces as I have nothing underneath the dock (area is reserved for the workshelf using a 3rd party app and won't be playing with the dock as I have everything set as I want it).

It's not a question of minding or not, the whole thing gets broken since it's not just the clicks but also the movement of the mouse when hovering over the dock. You would get glitches like the dock *constantly* magnifying and de-magnifying as you move the pointer over it.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]