Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Windows 11: Nexus is running but the dock is not visible
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:50 pm 

I am running Windows 11 Education Insider Preview Build 25921.rs_prerelease.230728-1521 on a Microsoft Surface 4. (Although Windows 11 is nominally unsupported on the Surface 4, my installation is fully supported since Microsoft upgraded me from the Windows 10 Preview Fast Ring to Windows 11 Preview—without my knowledge or consent, even.) Following the most recent preview upgrade, Nexus runs but the dock is not visible on the screen. Nexus is in autostart, properly configured, and is running because I see it in Task Manager consuming 30-45% of my CPU resources. The System Tray icon is enabled but it does not appear in the system tray even though Nexus is "running". I have restarted three times, shutting it completely down twice. My next step would seem to be uninstall and reinstall, but then I'll have to populate it and configure it all over again.

For info, I am not a newbie to computing: I learned how to code in 1973, have worked as an IT professional in one capacity or another since 1988, and I am a professor of information technology.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Windows 11: Nexus is running but the dock is not visible
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Try pressing CTRL + F11 to open Nexus Preferences (does it even open?) and then pressing Ok.

Does that bring Nexus back from the "dead"?

If not, what happens if you open the Windows Task Manager, go to the Details tab, kill the Nexus.exe process and then manually launch Nexus?

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]