Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Window 11 Latest build 22h2 OS. Build 2215 Breaks more stuff
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:47 pm 

While using Windows 11 latest release build 2215 22h2 (non dev build) I noticed when mousing over task list icons if they are “group similar windows into a signal icon” The windows preview of the icon fails you only get a short blank window on grouped icons (see pic). If they are minimized to the task bar hovering over the icon dose not let you bring the window back up. It works fine on non grouped icons but not on grouped now. I wish windows would stop improving things UGG! I am using 23.7 beta build of Winstep extreme.

Example Group similar windows into a signal Icon:

Example No grouping:

Image I am a fan of WinstepImage

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Window 11 Latest build 22h2 OS. Build 2215 Breaks more s
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:19 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Williamsson wrote:
While using Windows 11 latest release build 2215 22h2 (non dev build) I noticed when mousing over task list icons if they are “group similar windows into a signal icon” The windows preview of the icon fails you only get a short blank window on grouped icons (see pic). If they are minimized to the task bar hovering over the icon dose not let you bring the window back up. It works fine on non grouped icons but not on grouped now. I wish windows would stop improving things UGG! I am using 23.7 beta build of Winstep extreme.

Example Group similar windows into a signal Icon:

Example No grouping:

Bugger! Will they ever stop 'improving' Windblows!? Perhaps one of these days they'll 'improve it so much that they'll revert to the old Windows 3.1 GUI! :P

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Williamsson wrote:
While using Windows 11 latest release build 2215 22h2 (non dev build) I noticed when mousing over task list icons if they are “group similar windows into a signal icon” The windows preview of the icon fails you only get a short blank window on grouped icons (see pic).

Actually that might be something else since you are running the latest beta and have the taskbar showing per monitor tasklists.

Try adding the new 'Reset Reserved Screen Space' internal command (Desktop category of Internal Commands) to the Quick Launch section of the NextSTART taskbar, and when that happens click on it. See if that fixes the issue and then please let me know.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:45 pm 

winstep wrote:
Actually that might be something else since you are running the latest beta and have the taskbar showing per monitor tasklists.

I am not running "show per monitor" I never found a solution to stop nextstart from hanging up and the combase.dll conflict in windows 11 22h2 OS build 1992 and above also in Windows 10 22h2 os build 3324 when using "show per monitor" As listed in my other post, I did several clean installs and did not install any other software other than Radeon gpu drivers and AMD chipset drivers. I replaced combase.dll and Re-register the .dll. Ran a System file checker it came back clean yet the combase.dll and nextstart issue remained, only solution I got was not to have nextstart show per monitor. I did however add the internal command and used it (See pic) and it did not fix the issue. I then did enable per monitor temporally the issue went away however when I set it back to only show on main monitor it still dose not work.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:03 am 

I found Windows 11 build 900 22h2 (Older build before window 11 broke the system tray) Everything works 100% with Winstep Extreme 22.7 once again. And I can once again replace the windows 11 start menu with a windows 10 start menu. I can open the windows start menu on which ever monitor my mouse pointer is on once again :) Question will Nexus Extreme beta build 23.7 system tray work around still work on the older windows build? I never found a solution to build 2215 issues I reported and now after running OS build window 11 22h2 2359 it also breaks more stuff!! freeking WINDOWS! sorry I digress lol Cheers

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]