Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: How can I minimize all open windows and return to the deskto
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:47 am 
As a new NextStart user, I'm quite pleased with the experience so far. However, I have one specific requirement: I want to minimize all open windows and running apps instantly, leaving just my desktop wallpaper visible. Ideally, I'd like a quick toggle for this feature, allowing me to return to the previous state with a simple click or action. Could someone please provide instructions on how to achieve this? Thank you in advance.

Post subject: Re: How can I minimize all open windows and return to the de
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Your email address is listed in the StopForumSpam website so I suspect I am replying to a clever spam bot, but since this is a valid question that might benefit others, I will answer it anyway (and hopefully you will reply soon to prove you're human, so I don't delete your account here ADMIN EDIT: It was indeed a spam bot!):

Winstep applications have something called 'Internal Commands' (follow the link for a complete list and how to add). Internal commands are special commands that you can add as shortcuts to docks, Shelf tabs and to Winstep Xtreme's NextSTART menus, hotspots and taskbar.

In this case you have two relevant internal commands you can add to the Quick Launch section of the NextSTART taskbar (or a dock, etc): "Minimize All Windows" (equivalent to WIN + M) and "Show Desktop" (equivalent to WIN + D). Both act as a toggle and are part of the Desktop category of Internal Commands.

"Minimize All Windows" sends a minimize command to all windows. However, some windows don't support the minimize command, and will thus still be visible.

In those cases, "Show Desktop", will get you to the desktop. Note that the windows that don't support minimizing are still there, unminimized - they just become invisible.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]