Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: How do you add Windows app store software to the dock?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:57 am 

Hey there! Is there a way to add Windows app store programs to the dock in Windows 11 and have them open normally? I'm trying to add Spotify and iTunes, but when searching for the programs there is no "open file location" option to grab the .exe like there is for every other program. I tried finding them via the task manager and the files there are telling me I don't have permission, or if I do manage to add them it always prompts me with the "Do you want to allow this program to make changes to the computer?" question every single time I open it with the dock. Changing the setting in the dock to always run those programs as administrator had no effect. I had the Nexus dock on my old Windows 10 pc and had no issues with any of this and both Spotify and iTunes worked just like any other software.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: How do you add Windows app store software to the dock?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:41 am 

EmeraldParrot wrote:
Hey there! Is there a way to add Windows app store programs to the dock in Windows 11 and have them open normally?

You can find the windows store shortcut icons in the following folder location C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

Note: The "Admin" in this location may be different name for you. It will be the name of the account you made to sign in to windows with. You may also have to open control panel in windows and select file explorer options an select the tab at the top View, then in the menu check the box "Show hidden files, folders and drives." to see the AppData folder.

Image I am a fan of WinstepImage

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:52 am 

Williamsson wrote:
EmeraldParrot wrote:
Hey there! Is there a way to add Windows app store programs to the dock in Windows 11 and have them open normally?

You can find the windows store shortcut icons in the following folder location C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

Note: The "Admin" in this location may be different name for you. It will be the name of the account you made to sign in to windows with. You may also have to open control panel in windows and select file explorer options an select the tab at the top View, then in the menu check the box "Show hidden files, folders and drives." to see the AppData folder.

Thank you, this worked! Also, is there a way to make it so that the dock doesn't pop up/stay popped up if an app needs attention? I looked through all the settings but didn't see an option. Every time someone messages me on Discord it pops up and stays up until I go to Discord and read the messages, so it gets annoying.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:48 pm 

EmeraldParrot wrote:
Also, is there a way to make it so that the dock doesn't pop up/stay popped up if an app needs attention? I looked through all the settings but didn't see an option. Every time someone messages me on Discord it pops up and stays up until I go to Discord and read the messages, so it gets annoying.

Sorry but that is where my help ends. That is, I am not sure but I would say there must be away to do that as mine dose not do that. I have heavily modified my setting over the years (since 2018) and not even sure what setting could be involved. Maybe Jorge can help you more with that. I am happy you can pin windows store apps though, I remembered struggling with that issue in the past too.

Image I am a fan of WinstepImage

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]