Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: System tray not displaying in Dock ?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:07 am 

Hi,
I am new to Winstep/Nexus. I was setting it up and I see that I don't have system tray in my dock even when I have selected the "Show system tray in this dock option". I know customizing the tray icons is a paid feature, but I believe displaying system tray icons is not.

Is there something i am missing here. Sorry, new user and thank you.

Attachments:
nexus_sc.png
nexus_sc.png [ 430.9 KiB | Viewed 5193 times ]

Post subject: Re: System tray not displaying in Dock ?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Starting with Windows 11 22H2, and mostly for purely cosmetic reasons, Microsoft has begun making changes to tried and tested core functions of Windows that had previously been working fine for decades.

Windows 11 22H2 made many core changes to the Windows taskbar and systray. As a result systray icons can no longer be accessed directly by Winstep applications, and while v23.11 offers some temporary mitigations (giving you access to the main systray volume/network/etc panel and to the systray overflow area) this does require the user to disable the 'Always show all system tray icons' setting in the Winstep application - plus system tray icon customization with high resolution icons is currently no longer possible.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: System tray not displaying in Dock ?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:40 am 

Other issues with the tray even with the 23.11 update:
1. I used to have my right dock be only the system tray. While I can create such a dock it never unhides when bumping the screen edge. If I go to the dock properties it appears where I expect it but not when running the dock. Keeping it visible fixes that but isn't ideal.
2. If I add the system tray to a dock with other icons it also adds the network icon link which I don't want. Funny that doesn't happen when it's the systray alone but see above for what does happen.
3. It seems Microsoft themselves removed the show all system tray icons option although it APPEARS it can be turned on running this command:

explorer shell:::{05d7b0f4-2121-4eff-bf6b-ed3f69b894d9} and checking the box. Unfortunately, it neither helps the situation nor actually works to show all icons. Dragging the hidden icons to the taskbar means the icon will not display in the dock.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]