Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Extra Dock
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:18 pm 

Just installed Nexus xtreme on a Windows 11 system and noticed a Dock appeared on the screen which is not listed in the docks/shelves section under preferences.

Double-clicking on it which I noted elsewhere in the guidance, was the only way to remove it.

1. Where did this extra dock come from
2. Why wasn't it listed
3. How do I get it back after using the double click feature
4. Have I found a bug or am I missing something.

Post subject: Re: Extra Dock
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Judging by the screenshot you sent to Winstep support, you registered Nexus Ultimate but you are **also** running Winstep Xtreme (please read this product comparison list HERE to understand better what is happening there).

WorkShelf, for instance, is a part of Winstep Xtreme, not of Nexus Ultimate. My guess is that you are running BOTH Nexus Ultimate AND a trial of Winstep Xtreme (and you're getting the extra dock from Nexus Ultimate or even from the free version of Nexus).

First you need to decide what you want based on the product comparison list above (Nexus Ultimate or Winstep Xtreme). If you prefer Winstep Xtreme with the desktop modules, etc, you can upgrade from Nexus Ultimate to Winstep Xtreme via a button in the About tab of Nexus Ultimate Preferences. Otherwise exit *all* running Winstep applications, go to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Winstep\

and delete nextstart.exe and workshelf.exe (and nexus.exe if it exists). You're supposed to be running nexus-ultimate.exe only.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Extra Dock
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:42 pm 

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for the email. It was my bad, I upgraded to Winstep Xtreme and didn't follow the step to remove nexus-ultmate.exe.

One more question, I have a shelve that I can't delete when I list the docks/shelves, the delete shelve option is greyed out when I select the shelve in question.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]