Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Totally Disable Activation Bump or Swipe
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:46 pm 

Hello,

Is there a way to completely disable the Shelf Activation Bump or Swipe? I have set a Hot Key to activate one of my shelves, which I prefer to use instead of the Bumb and/or Swipe. The reason is that I accidentally keep activating the shelf when I don't need it. The Hot Key is more than enough for me.

Thanks in advance,

JohnnyR2D2

Last edited by JohnnyR2D2 on Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Totally Disable Actrivation Bump or Swipe
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:30 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

JohnnyR2D2 wrote:
Hello,

Is there a way to completely disable the Shelf Activation Bump or Swipe? I have set a Hot Key to activate one of my shelves, which I prefer to use instead of the Bumb and/or Swipe. The reason is that I accidentally keep activating the shelf when I don't need it. The Hot Key is more than enough for me.

Thanks in advance

Short answer: no. Just set the bump/swipe to the longest delay. That should prevent accidental activation.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Totally Disable Activation Bump or Swipe
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wait, if he means the Shelf and not the dock he can deactivate the edge bump in the Behavior tab of that shelf's Properties dialog. This is because the shelf when collapsed always leaves behind something you can click on (the tabs, in this case).

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Totally Disable Activation Bump or Swipe
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
Wait, if he means the Shelf and not the dock he can deactivate the edge bump in the Behavior tab of that shelf's Properties dialog. This is because the shelf when collapsed always leaves behind something you can click on (the tabs, in this case).

Oops, reading error here - thought it was dock! But yes, of course. Mind you, as has been mentioned by other/s before, a complete 'hide' option would be handy.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]