Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: WorkShelf exceptions error
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:32 pm 

Good morning, please any solution to this error? I can't open the winstep program. I attached an image of the error:

Attachments:
error winstep.jpg
error winstep.jpg [ 38.12 KiB | Viewed 919 times ]

Post subject: Re: WorkShelf exceptions error
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

When exactly did this start happening? Was it after you changed something? What happens when you press Retry?

Also, are you comfortable using the Windows Registry Editor (RegEdit)?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:53 pm 

Since I updated to the latest version; I had been working with a version from 2018, until now I managed to pay for the latest version, I updated and that error started to appear sometimes, but since yesterday it no longer opens winstep, when I try again they separate the modules and platforms one by one until it loads the last module and at that moment the program is running. then if I open preferences the program closes.
I have also seen that some characters in the program look like symbols... I attach an image.

Yes I can work with the windows editor

Attachments:
error caracteres.jpg
error caracteres.jpg [ 174.61 KiB | Viewed 914 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:00 pm 

ADIEL1474 wrote:
Since I updated to the latest version; I had been working with a version from 2018, until now I managed to pay for the latest version, I updated and that error started to appear sometimes, but since yesterday it no longer opens winstep, when I try again they separate the modules and platforms one by one until it loads the last module and at that moment the program is running. then if I open preferences the program closes.
I have also seen that some characters in the program look like symbols... I attach an image.

Yes I can work with the windows editor

I already solved it, apparently it was the UTF-8 encoding in Windows 10 configuration path:
control panel/Region/administrative/change system locale/uncheck "Beta use unicode-8 for global language support"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ADIEL1474 wrote:
I already solved it, apparently it was the UTF-8 encoding in Windows 10 configuration path:
control panel/Region/administrative/change system locale/uncheck "Beta use unicode-8 for global language support"

Glad you figured it out, I was going to suggest something related to the ANSI (non-Unicode) system locale settings in that dialog, as I always forget about that UTF-8 beta setting. Either that or something ALSO related to a custom date format.

Either way, beta or no beta, not good that enabling the Windows UTF-8 setting results in a crash.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]