Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: I have a question.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:38 am 

Where can I find the directory that the default clock/calendar module "icons" are in? I see there is an option in clock properties to change the icon, and it gives a preview of the original background for it. I'd like to know where that icon is located so I can do a simple recolor on the calendar portion.

Moreover, does it even work that way? Or will modifying it compromise its functionality?

(PS. Using Winstep Xtreme non-trial, if that makes a difference)

:Moderator's note - hidden spam removed and leaving post as already replied to same - nexter :/Moderator's note:

Last edited by Thentell on Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: I have a question.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Those icons are not available externally, they are embedded in the executable itself (and please don't try to change them with a resource editor, the Winstep application will stop working if you do).

What you can do is use a resource editor to extract the images, edit the exported image and use that as an alternative background for the module.

Also, if all you want is a simple recolor, have you already tried right clicking the calendar module, selecting 'Calendar Settings' and then using the colorize option?

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: I have a question.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:10 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
Those icons are not available externally, they are embedded in the executable itself (and please don't try to change them with a resource editor, the Winstep application will stop working if you do).

What you can do is use a resource editor to extract the images, edit the exported image and use that as an alternative background for the module.

Also, if all you want is a simple recolor, have you already tried right clicking the calendar module, selecting 'Calendar Settings' and then using the colorize option?

A right pair of spam bots/spammers - were on my mental 'suspect list' from the start. What gave it away was the reference to 'the calendar portion' of the clock module. Would have to have been a pretty ancient version of Xtreme to have had the clock + calendar icon, surely! And rather unlikely. And the second poster just spewed gobble-de-gook. :D

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]