Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Configure dock to always be visible
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:24 pm 

Greetings,

Been using the free version for a bit. Nicely done.

I've been through the settings a time or two and I can't figure out how to set the dock so that it's always visible.

I'm finding that about 50% of the time the dock will not "pop up" when I mouse down to the bottom edge where the dock is located.

So, I'd like to set the dock to be visible all the time. Can this be done? If so, how?

If it makes any difference I'm using a fairly old Dell XPS 13 9333 machine. 8gb of memory and 500gb SSD storage.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Configure dock to always be visible
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

doobs wrote:
I'm finding that about 50% of the time the dock will not "pop up" when I mouse down to the bottom edge where the dock is located.

You can adjust the timings, etc, used for making the dock pop up when you bump a screen edge. Open Nexus Preferences, go to the Behavior tab, click the Activation Settings button then the Edge Bump Settings button on the dialog that pops up.

Also, please note that BY DESIGN the dock will NOT pop up if a full screen application is currently open. Although this is primarily used to prevent accidental activations when playing games, etc, watching full screen videos in your browser can also prevent the dock from responding.

Assuming you are using the latest version, in the Activation Settings dialog you will also find a button leading to a 'Full Screen Exclusion List', so that the dock will activate even if a particular application is running full screen.

doobs wrote:
So, I'd like to set the dock to be visible all the time. Can this be done? If so, how?

In the Behavior tab of Preferences simply clear the 'Auto-hide the dock after a short delay' setting.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]