Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Is it at all possible to add the Everything Toolbar
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:51 pm 

I have used Everything search for quite some time now but I have wanted to add the Everything toolbar to the taskbar but cannot figure out how to add it. Any help?

Post subject: Re: Is it at all possible to add the Everything Toolbar
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:46 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

paulneocube wrote:
I have used Everything search for quite some time now but I have wanted to add the Everything toolbar to the taskbar but cannot figure out how to add it. Any help?

You can only add it to the Nextstart taskbar's Quick Launch area as a Hotspot.

That said, I hope you realise that Everything likely feeds an awful lot of your data to MS and beyond and also presents serious security risks. The fact that it's free of cost but not open source should alarm anyone already. As the old adage has it, 'It's your funeral....'

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:54 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
I hope you realise that Everything likely feeds an awful lot of your data to MS and beyond and also presents serious security risks.

Void puts a link to his Privacy policy in many of his forum posts.

nexter wrote:
The fact that it's free of cost but not open source should alarm anyone already. As the old adage has it, 'It's your funeral....'

The privacy policy is worded well. His current forum has been around since 2009. With his program being well-aged, packet sniffing to find questionable content being pushed out by Everything would have been well-documented by now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:11 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

DesertDwarf wrote:
nexter wrote:
I hope you realise that Everything likely feeds an awful lot of your data to MS and beyond and also presents serious security risks.

Void puts a link to his Privacy policy in many of his forum posts.

nexter wrote:
The fact that it's free of cost but not open source should alarm anyone already. As the old adage has it, 'It's your funeral....'

The privacy policy is worded well. His current forum has been around since 2009. With his program being well-aged, packet sniffing to find questionable content being pushed out by Everything would have been well-documented by now.

Worded well or otherwise, it's hardly reassuring and completely insufficient. And any kind of data sharing may not necessarily have been discovered. But besides all that, several security risks have been documented elsewhere and have not been addressed. I wouldn't trust it any more than I trust Microshite. But then I wouldn't trust any app that indexes my files etc. no matter whether it's open source and secure. Never needed a search for files or folders in 40-odd years anyway. :)

Oh, and welcome back Ric!

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]