Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: workshelf crashing
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 5:20 pm 

Hello Jorge,
Workshelf keeps crashing repeatedly. Here's the latest info from the event viewer. Based on the information below, do you have any ideas about why it is crashing?

Faulting application name: WorkShelf.exe, version: 22.7.0.1432, time stamp: 0x62c7b3d6
Faulting module name: WorkShelf.exe, version: 22.7.0.1432, time stamp: 0x62c7b3d6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x003c4f6f
Faulting process id: 0x0x4B40
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DAB0FE1350384C
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winstep\WorkShelf.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winstep\WorkShelf.exe
Report Id: 2002c9cb-69f1-4370-997c-b7be54697884
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fault bucket 1441703652357842465, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: WorkShelf.exe
P2: 22.7.0.1432
P3: 62c7b3d6
P4: WorkShelf.exe
P5: 22.7.0.1432
P6: 62c7b3d6
P7: c0000005
P8: 003c4f6f
P9:
P10:

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: workshelf crashing
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 6:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nope. Is there a pattern? Does it crash when idle or when you do something to it? Does it crash at regular intervals or is it random?

Normally these type of apparently random crashes happen because of 3rd party software injecting buggy DLLs into other processes, which might interfere with their normal functioning. And guess who gets the blame? lol

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 6:38 pm 

I understand and I'm not blaming you. You have always been wonderful in supporting me and all other users. I'm just asking for your help in solving the problem. I am frustrated and unable to figure out the root cause of this issue.

I previously sent you a PM like 1-2 hours ago with a request. Not sure if you got it. It said message sent but I see it is still in my outbox.

Tahnks.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 11:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

venkum wrote:
I understand and I'm not blaming you. You have always been wonderful in supporting me and all other users. I'm just asking for your help in solving the problem. I am frustrated and unable to figure out the root cause of this issue.

Have you already read the article I wrote some years ago about "the art of reporting bugs" ? Might give you an idea on how difficult it is to diagnose issues that are not reproducible or caused by 3d party software/something specific to your system.

If you cannot find a pattern, or we cannot find a group of people all suffering from the same problem so we can figure out what all of them have in common, it is nearly impossible to understand what might be going on. Even with direct access to your system, if there is no pattern it would be very difficult and only possible with a lot of trial and error.

Try to find a pattern or a way to reproduce it, i.e.; give me something I can work with.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:47 pm 

Got it Jorge. I read it, and I agree. I'll try to monitor and gather info. I also want to upgrade my current subscription, can I please get a discount? Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:22 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

venkum wrote:
Got it Jorge. I read it, and I agree. I'll try to monitor and gather info. I also want to upgrade my current subscription, can I please get a discount? Thanks!

Jorge seems to be temporarily on holiday.

If you go to Workshelf Preferences, the 'About' panel will have an option someplace on this saying 'Upgrade to Winstep Xtreme' if your Nexus Ultimate licence has recently been purchased. In which case, the price is discounted automagically. ;)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:51 pm 

Thanks Nexter. I do see the renewal cost however, I was requesting Jorge if he could give a little bit of additional discount. I'll wait for his reply. no worries.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:22 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

venkum wrote:
Thanks Nexter. I do see the renewal cost however, I was requesting Jorge if he could give a little bit of additional discount. I'll wait for his reply. no worries.

What, on these already ridiculously cheap prices!?

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 8 posts ]