Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: License Key Will Not Work on New Computer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:12 pm 

I just got a new laptop and am installing all my programs on it. I installed Nexus Ultimate from the email I received when I purchased it. When I tried to use the key, however, it doesn't work. I went through the troubleshooting suggestions in the email, like renaming the file and putting it directly into the license folder. It still won't work. I requested a new one be sent to me. That one doesn't work either. Is there anyway of just getting the license number so I can put it in manually?

Post subject: Re: License Key Will Not Work on New Computer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:09 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Magpie wrote:
I just got a new laptop and am installing all my programs on it. I installed Nexus Ultimate from the email I received when I purchased it. When I tried to use the key, however, it doesn't work. I went through the troubleshooting suggestions in the email, like renaming the file and putting it directly into the license folder. It still won't work. I requested a new one be sent to me. That one doesn't work either. Is there anyway of just getting the license number so I can put it in manually?

That is not the way it works. :) It's not a simple license no. that could be entered manually. It has to execute.

So first thing, take the file that you saved from the email, right-click it and select 'Properties'. This most likely will state that the file is blocked from executing and give you the option to unblock it. Do that. Then try again.

If that still doesn't do it, try disabling your AntiVirus app. If that also fails, uninstall Nexus Ult. and clean out all related folders - C:\Program Files\Winstep....etc., C:\Users\Public\PublicDocuments\Winstep.... etc. Reboot, then re-install Nexus Ult. and try registering again. That should sort it.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: License Key Will Not Work on New Computer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you sure you are using the latest license key you got when you renewed and not an older key by mistake?

You can troubleshoot registration issues from the application itself by opening Preferences, going to the Advanced tab, clicking the Troubleshooting Options button and then the 'Troubleshoot License Key Issues'. This will give you (and me, if you post it here) a more detailed report on what might be wrong.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]