Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Unable to Get NeXus Ultimate to Run
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:58 am 

I have just now purchased Ultimate, to updated my NeXus, and received information to install it. I downloaded the ZIP file, unzipped. With NeXus closed and ran the setup.exe through to the finish.
First thing I notice is that no new programs have been installed on my Windows 10 Pro 22H2 PC. What I do see is that both Nexus.exe and Winstep.exe are both still dated 28/04/2024, so it looks like the installer didn’t complete, even though it did its thing and said "Finish".
I have now used the Trouble Shooter in NeXus. In addition, I have disabled Kaspersky, my antivirus program. Again, I tried installing again, but I am still stuck with the same old NeXus
I have done the rename Key file as suggested in my email but then the instruction say, “Open the Nexus Ultimate Preferences screen” but there is no NeXus Ultimate program I can find to open.
So right now, I am lost as to what is next. Do I uninstall NeXus entirely and try and start from the beginning? Maybe, but I wanted to ask this Forum first.

Post subject: Re: Unable to Get NeXus Ultimate to Run
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

In the email with your license key there is a link to the setup application for Nexus Ultimate.

Did you download Nexus Ultimate using that link?

Does setup say it is installing Nexus Ultimate rather than just Nexus?

Also, setup at the end has an option to launch Nexus Ultimate.

Finally, the executable name for Nexus Ultimate is nexus-ultimate.exe - you should find that file inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Winstep\ after installation.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:23 am 

winstep wrote:
Also, setup at the end has an option to launch Nexus Ultimate.
Finally, the executable name for Nexus Ultimate is nexus-ultimate.exe - you should find that file inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Winstep\ after installation.

I have installed as per the setup supplied. As per screencaptures, it looks like the setup has completed, but still only the free Nexus application.
In the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winstep" directory I only see one new file, "unins000.dat". The only executable files I see are; Winstep.exe, Nexus.exe, WsUpdate.exe and WsTranslator.exe. But there is no exectuables here that are named Xtreme or Ultimate. What executable files should I see please?

Regards Patrick

Attachments:
File comment: Here is the unpack screen capture.
2024-08-17 16_02_04-Setup - Winstep Xtreme Dock Tile Pak.png
2024-08-17 16_02_04-Setup - Winstep Xtreme Dock Tile Pak.png [ 56.76 KiB | Viewed 2175 times ]
File comment: Here is the final completed install.
2024-08-17 16_01_44-Setup - Winstep Xtreme Dock Tile Pak.png
2024-08-17 16_01_44-Setup - Winstep Xtreme Dock Tile Pak.png [ 10.47 KiB | Viewed 2175 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's not the setup file for Nexus Ultimate. That is the setup file for the bonus dock tile packs.

Please look carefully in the email with your license key. In the section "How to download and install Nexus Ultimate" the first link is for the setup file for Nexus Ultimate (ultimate.zip). Download that, unzip, and run the setup file within.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]