Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Help Please
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:36 pm 

Hi folks,

i am totally new to all this so please bare with me. Also i appreciate you are all busy and probably asked this questions loads of times but i have been tryin for weeks and about ready to give up.

What i want is to create this suite

http://www.pixtudio.com/preview.php?id=104

exactly as it is with the addins and everything, but how do i do it. i have tried reading the instructions but just cant grip it.

i would really apprecaite someones help and time please if dont mind.

thanks

charllie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:23 pm 

Well,

I think you mean that you are having trouble installing a theme, right? If so, the easiest thing to do is to download the theme (makinarma) and unzip it into the autoinstall folder (C:\Program Files\Winstep\AutoInstall), then next time you run Winstep, the theme should be installed.

As far at the addins, from the pic you linked to, I think you'll need quick notes as well as windowblinds.

On the otherhand, if you want to make a theme, using custom graphics etc... I am not the chap to help you :-)

-paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:02 am 
Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for your reply, i appreciate it.

I can download the theme ok but all i end up with is the background and a few changes. I was interested in how you get the clock and the trash bin like the pic and workspace/internet/communication bar like the pic.

Any ideas please.

thanks

charllie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:15 pm 

Well, here is how it usually goes:

I am assuming that you have the most recent nextstart and workshelf versions. Once a theme has been imported, going to nextstart > settings > themes and choosing your theme of interest will result in nextstart altering the appearance of the menus, hotspots and wall paper. There is an option to enable WS theme integration, I forget where it is, probably in some "theme options" tab or button, any way, if this is enabled changing the nextstart theme will also change the workshelf theme.

To get the net checker etc on the desktop, go to the Main tab in workshelf, right click on the module to load and click on "show on desktop".

Of course, you may have a botched theme or winstep is not installed correctly etc.... This normally works for me.

You may want to take a moment to peruse the help file, the menus and options are clearly explained there.

Hope this helps....

paul

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]