Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: this is great...except
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:02 pm 
I love this shell extension, but i've encountered one minor, and one annoying thing.
the minor thing is, the systray seems to "refresh" or something, and it drops out whatever window i'm in. so if i'm typing, i'll be forced to stop and click on the window again to start typing again.
the other thing is, i want to have the start bar be a double line, (programs on the taskbar will go horizontally, and be stacked 2 high) but when i maximize a window, it goes through the start bar. so i have to exit, and change the original taskbar to stack 3 high. but when i run NextStart again, it ends up as being 3 high. i can't change it either, because the icons in the system tray formed into 3 lines, and the only way to change it, is if my normal start bar is 2 lines, but then NextStart taskbar overlaps the windows. (i have the tasbar on top, which makes it even more difficult.)

and if this is any help, i'm running windows 98.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:51 pm 
oh yeah, also, it seems fine when i don't have much icons in the system tray, but when i turn on WorkShelf, it adds those extra ones and it makes it go to 3 layers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

To prevent maximized windows from overlapping the NextSTART startbar you have to enable the 'Reserve Scr.Area' option in the Docked Mode Options section of Startbar Preferences.

As for the systray refreshing periodically, that will happen under Win9x if you set your Windows taskbar to be more than 1 row high.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]