Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: newbie questions
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:50 am 
I'm using the demo of nextstart (regular users, not corporate) and I really like it :D, but I have a couple of questions. First of all, how do I change the wallpaper when using a theme to one in my pictures folder? Some of them are quite nice, but I'd still like to use my own every once in a while.

Secondly, how do I switch to the explorer shell and back to nextstart when I want to? This is important because I'm not the only one who uses the computer.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:53 am 
In NS Preferences, if you go to the Themes (icon on the top with the tuxedos), click the button that says Theme Options. In the pop-up window, click the checkbox for Lock Wallpaper. Then you can change your wallpaper to anything you want using Display Properties or whatever and NS will leave it alone.

Post subject: Re: newbie questions
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Virginia wrote:
Secondly, how do I switch to the explorer shell and back to nextstart when I want to? This is important because I'm not the only one who uses the computer.

To go back to Explorer all you have to do is exit NextSTART. Yes, as simple as that. :)

If each of the persons using the computer have their own login, you can also enable NextSTART's multi-user mode. In this mode each user can have their own theme and settings - and even choose to run NextSTART automatically when they login or not.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:20 am 
Cool, thanks. :D

Exit nextstart, duh. I was afraid that would leave me without a shell. :oops: Should've tried it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hehe. :D

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]