Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: How to make a THEMES or PREFS. menu or shelf in NS or WS?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:05 pm 

I cannot seem to find a way to do this. Please help.

By the way, I just went to your registration page and was intrigued to see that you live (I think) in Cascais. Are you Portuguese? My brother (born in US) lives in Cascais with his Portuguese wife. What a coincidence. He just bought a MAC mini. I had been talking to him about WinStep, not knowing about your residence. I live in the Philadelphia subburbs. Anyway, love Winstep & will register soon.

John

PS. Please see my reply to your latest post in "Making saved themes in WS & FS work together". I was not sure whether my "reply" would go directly to you or just the board in general.

LATER:

I can make a THEMES menu (although I don't know how to make the menu exist on its own (not on the START menu). What I would really like is a SHELF listing all my themes (for switching).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey John!

Yes, I am Portuguese and I do live in Cascais. It's a really nice and quiet place to live at, right next to several beaches (but I'm sure your brother already told you that :D ).

Your reply in this forum goes to the board in general and I usually get an email notification about it too. Anyway, I monitor the forum frequently so that should not be an issue.

On the Help section of the Winstep web site there is a hotspots tutorial. That should provide an example on how to add new hotspots and have independent menus (or actions) associated to them. Not sure if you are aware, but WorkShelf also features a themes menu (right click on the Shelf's left mini-tab and select Appearance and Sounds and then Themes from the context menu).

You can also make a NextSTART hotspot opening a menu that lists all the available themes, and you can even make this menu open from an item in WorkShelf itself (WorkShelf objects, like hotspots, can do several types of actions (running programs, openning folders, running Internal Commands and, yes, even activating NextSTART hotspots). Right click on an empty space inside a regular Shelf and select New from the context menu - you should get a New Item Properties dialog box from where you can choose which type of object to add (available choices are: Program, Internal Command, Module, NextSTART Hotspot, Item Separator and URL).

Currently there is no 'Themes' type of shelf, but it's actually a nice idea so expect such a feature to be added on a future WorkShelf version. :D

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:09 pm 
Thanks for info. I have added a HOTSPOT THEMES menu button to Quick Launch. Very nice...I click on the QL button & get a Themes menu.

I also made a hotspot which I L-click on which brings up the NS Settings menu.

I know Cascais very well. Met my first wife (Portuguese) there. I visit my brother & 97 year-old mother (who lives with my brother) every year. Will let you know when I next visit. Would be nice to meet you. I am semi-retired and do computer consulting to help keep busy.

Cia?,

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll be looking forward to meet you then - send me a private message the next time you're comming to Cascais and I will be glad to send you my phone number. :D

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]